What case are you picking up?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    marctronixx likes this.
  2. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to pick up that one, as long as it will also allow the XOOM to lay flat on its back. It looks like it will, but the only pictures they have are propped up or closed.
  3. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Well-Known Member

Amazon shows it laying down which is good :)
    ckeegan and p8ntballah21 like this.
  4. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely the Portfolio case. Love that one. Even if for some reason I dont get the Xoom, it will probably work well for the Toshiba or whatever 10.1 inch tablet I get.
  5. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

Portfolio...
    I wonder what companies like Body Glove and Otterbox have in store for the XOOM.
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i already have the portfolio ordered and its waiting for me at best buy..
  7. ckeegan

Nice find, thanks!
  8. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that just because the diagonal measurement of the screen is 10.1, the actual length and height of the device may be slightly different. I'm assuming the case is a perfect fit for the XOOM and if another Tablet is just a tiny bit too long or too tall, then it is likely not to fit. Food for thought :)
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Yup - I thought about that. If I get a different tablet I'll just walk into the store with my tablet and see if it fits before buying it.

Thickness can be a factor too, maybe a bigger one.
  10. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

I just picked up my folio case, the one on best buys website is not the leather one, its the "durable" one. Overall looks like a solid case, but I won't know how it really is until it gets a Xoom put in it tomorrow.
  11. joeski27

joeski27 Well-Known Member

Me too! And one thing to keep in mind, for those buying silicone cases, etc, if you are also thinking about buying one of the Moto docks, I highly doubt that docking will be possible with one of those sleeves on the device. That's why at least for now I'm sticking with the folio, as apparently (according to Best Buy's description) the folio is "Allows you to connect your XOOM to a Motorola Standard or Speaker HD dock without removing the case." :cool:
  12. joeski27

joeski27 Well-Known Member

What is the "durable" material? Basically a synthetic of some sort? Any chance you could post a pic or two??
  13. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

Its like a rubbery nylon almost. There are two versions one is leather and one is the durable one. I will post some pics later tonight.
  14. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I'll wait until there's something better. I don't like any of the cases Verizon had.
  15. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Did they have the portfolio? If so, you did not like it? What was wrong with it? It looks so good in the image. I would be interested in hearing what you did not like about it.
  16. Amatherly

Amatherly Active Member

I have the portfolio case. I'm torn. I like it well enough, but I hate how I have to hold it if I want to charge it. For one, it has to be flat. But it's folded wrong, and makes it so that it's floppy. If you fold it so it's nice and flat and feels secure, you don't have access to the charge port.
  17. slopokdave

slopokdave Active Member

I hate nylon. The texture gives me chills. Heh. I will have to wait I guess....
  18. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Air Force One and gamul1 like this.
  19. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

20. ckeegan

I seriously want to know what happened to the leather version of the portfolio case. There are no signs (other than pictures) of it anywhere. Motorola's website used to (before it was available) list the portfolio case as available in leather and "durable", now it doesn't say anything about different materials.
  21. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

22. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

23. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

marctronixx likes this.