• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories What case are you picking up?

NvrEnough

Jun 5, 2010
This one or?

Motorola - Portfolio Case for Motorola XOOM Tablets - Black - 89448N

motorola-xoom-htc-thunderbolt-release-dates-regional-bestbuy-03.jpg

Reactions: marctronixx
Absolutely the Portfolio case. Love that one. Even if for some reason I dont get the Xoom, it will probably work well for the Toshiba or whatever 10.1 inch tablet I get.

Keep in mind that just because the diagonal measurement of the screen is 10.1, the actual length and height of the device may be slightly different. I'm assuming the case is a perfect fit for the XOOM and if another Tablet is just a tiny bit too long or too tall, then it is likely not to fit. Food for thought :)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Keep in mind that just because the diagonal measurement of the screen is 10.1, the actual length and height of the device may be slightly different. I'm assuming the case is a perfect fit for the XOOM and if another Tablet is just a tiny bit too long or too tall, then it is likely not to fit. Food for thought :)

Yup - I thought about that. If I get a different tablet I'll just walk into the store with my tablet and see if it fits before buying it.

Thickness can be a factor too, maybe a bigger one.

Upvote 0
i already have the portfolio ordered and its waiting for me at best buy..

Me too! And one thing to keep in mind, for those buying silicone cases, etc, if you are also thinking about buying one of the Moto docks, I highly doubt that docking will be possible with one of those sleeves on the device. That's why at least for now I'm sticking with the folio, as apparently (according to Best Buy's description) the folio is "Allows you to connect your XOOM to a Motorola Standard or Speaker HD dock without removing the case." :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I seriously want to know what happened to the leather version of the portfolio case. There are no signs (other than pictures) of it anywhere. Motorola's website used to (before it was available) list the portfolio case as available in leather and "durable", now it doesn't say anything about different materials.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones