What case are you picking up?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Don't really like cases like this, nothing ever seams to fit right. Also remember the power button may be hard to access on some cases. Have this problem with a car mount that I use. I now use WidgetLocker which enables the volume as a power button.

Advertisement
  2. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

I'm getting this one. I'm *hoping* that it'll fit the keyboard too, though it'll have to be slightly diagonal I think. If the keyboard doesn't fit at all, I'll return that one and get the same thing but the 10.1" netbook size.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

4. marctronixx

The keyboard is 12 inches by 5 inches so keep this in mind. I'm going with a 14 inch case logic which is like the one vzw sells.

5. NTexican

NTexican Member

6. superflybribri

superflybribri Well-Known Member

I was just in Best Buy trying to solve this problem of a snug fit sleeve. I was trying to keep minimalistic and I ended up with some New York Jets one for net books that actually fits amazingly. So if you see the sports or college ones at your local Best Buy, you might want to check it out. My store had it by the registers. Only $25
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Yeah that one is like .5" shorter than the keyboard so I *think8 it's fit if it's just slightly diagonal. there's a bigger size, too. I haven't actually got the keyboard yet, waiting til payday. ;)
  8. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

You made the right move,
    InCase neoprene sleeves FTW
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. leram84

leram84 Active Member

10. marctronixx

i have a bag to carry the xoom/keyboard and stylii in now. its one of those bags posted above.

the incase is designed for 10.2 inch notebooks. the incase is a near custom fit. does not flop around and has room up top so the ziper does not mess up the top. i have the xoom in the silicon case and it stil has room around the sides.
    leram84 likes this.
  11. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member

Does the Incase 10.2 carry both the Xoom and KB at the same time?
  12. marctronixx

no sir! its just big enough for the xoom. youd have to get a bag.

this is what i picked up:
    [​IMG]

it fits the keyboard, stylii, charger, evo in the ballistic case, my first gen ipod touch (hush it!) usb cord, cleaning cloth PLUS it includes a cig and house charger. those items dont charge the xoom but they can be used as spares for your handset.

the xoom also fits in the incase and both will fit in the padded slot in this bag. very worthwhile purchase...
  13. mched

mched Well-Known Member

I just picked this one up at Best Buy...it was on sale for $24.99.:)
    The Xoom with the Motorola silicone case fits in it nice and snug.
    I really liked that it had handles and a small pocket.
  14. marctronixx

finally got this case in. it looks and fits just as you see it here. the leather is nice and smells like leather.. :D

definitely a worthwhile purchase...

BigKayDaddy likes this.
  15. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know. Just ordered.
    marctronixx likes this.
  16. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

me to, supposed to arrive tomorrow :D
    marctronixx likes this.
  17. marctronixx

further, when the xoom is propped up, it allows for you to be able to pop in the power plug. it raises the bottom of the tablet up whilst in the case.

[​IMG]
  18. marctronixx

initial comments:

the magnetic parts on the portfolio are not of much use, at least on the model i have. there is no snap with it like you normally see. i would appreciate others' comments on this as they receive. i could have a defective version. it closes like a book just fine and it does not flap around.

be sure and loosen the flap so it sits nicely when the xoom is in "display" mode.. :)

not much to it. no directions came with it and they ship usps priority.
  19. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

thanks for the pictures. i am mainly looking for a something to carry the xoom in not necessarly use the xoom while in it and that case looked the best out of what is available (the moto portfolio case is horrible) in a portfolio style.

you said it closes like a book, does that mean no way to keep it closed?

don't suppose we could get you to take a pic of it all closed up? :)
  20. ebpman

ebpman Member

It does say that it has a magnetic closure. Can you confirm this?

Features:
    Folio Book Style
    Elegant Construction and stitching
    Easy slip-in Design Makes it easy to Install and Remove
    Two Positions, Landscape for Watching Media, and Slightly Angled for Typing
    Cut outs allow access to ALL ports, switches, speakers, and sensors
    Magnetic Closure
    Proper Fit Helps Protect your Motorola XOOM against Scratches and Wear
  21. marctronixx

so it does have two magnets up top at the ends. the attraction thru the leather is preventing the magnets from "snapping shut" like you see on coventional portfolios.

i corrected myself. and if you go to the site i think they have a photo of it closed.
  22. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

thanks for the update, yea the picture on the site with it closed doesn't have a xoom in it though (wondering how thick the whole thing when carrying it) but mine is still scheduled to be delivered today so i will find out tonight, YEA!
  23. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

OK this case rocks, exactly what I was looking for! And that new Leather the smell is great.
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

funny you mention this. I noticed that smell too. I love it... it smells just like when I get a new pair of leather Timberlands. :D
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. marctronixx

yes this case is exactly what the moto leather case should have been... im very pleased..
    Air Force One likes this.