1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

what Chinese Tablet to buy?

1. michaeltv

michaeltv Member

Hi there! I am looking to buy a Chinese Tablet on eBay (not a brand name).. my requirements are pretty simple:
    1) 10"
    2) new Android (not sure which version is most recent.. 4.0.4?)
    3) it should have some minimal support.. e.g. a web site or people discussing it on forums
    4) enough memory to run applications.. but no need in games, etc
    5) my budget is up to $200

can someone recommend anything?

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Caveat emptor.

I strongly suggest that read the forum sticky about these things..
    http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

..and then read some of the many stories of woe and disappointment that are in GTT.

I live in China, so I know first hand what many of these things on Ebay can be like. Nothing short of garbage a lot of the time.

The most recent version of Android is Jellybean, 4.1 and 4.2. Most of the cheapo Chinese devices come with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 at the moment. And many of them will never receive an update.

As you've got $200 to spend, have you had a look at what Best Buy or New Egg have to offer? No doubt they will be Chinese 10inch tablets for around that price. But least this way you'll get a full US warranty, support, Google Play, NO Chinese apps, and the quality should be upto a certain minimum standard.

If you can stretch to $249, I'd have a look at the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109(it's Chinese of course). I've thought about getting this one myself. Not the greatest specs, but I've always been impressed by Lenovo build quality. Built to last.
  3. michaeltv

michaeltv Member

Thank you for the information!
    Actually I don't need too much support but it's always good when you can ask a questions..
    I have pretty good experience with buying Chinese gadgets from eBay twice cheaper than brand names. I bought smartphone and Google TV which were quite good. Now I am looking for a tablet..
    any recommendations?
  4. Nesysa

Nesysa New Member

How about BeanTab B1?$198.38 but only 9.7 inch.Other features can meet your requirement,especially the 1.6G Dual Core CPU..
  5. Grazuncle

Grazuncle Well-Known Member

Hi...
    There always be exceptions, but.. I too have had pleasant experiences with Chinese goods (for the price paid) and eBay too.

However I got a Chinese ICOO 8" 4:3 format device but local to me in UK via Amazon. I can wifi tether to my android mobile, get apps off Play marketplace and no Chinese apps insight. Battery life better than a friends kinds fire HD. 8Gb onboard memory and I expanded it to 32Gb.

I have installed BBC iPlayer and a host of other stuff that was also on my Sony Experia NeoV

Unusually, it seems, you can charge it on USB swell as mains adapted.

It is not Retina quality but the IPS screen has a wide viewing angle.

I'm pleased with it at
  6. JMBishop

JMBishop Well-Known Member

Check out the kocaso m1070, it's the exact price your looking for and it ships from the us. I am pretty happy with mine. They sell a cheaper tablet called the m1050 but I avoided that one because I read about allot of problems and they don't gave Bluetooth, they run around $150