• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What company is this?

deltaforce

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2012
While browsing through product reviews, I came across some interesting device that had HDD slot (like for using internal HDD using a dock) and had android system built in . This could work very well as, say Roku alternative.

Does anyone ermeber such device or a company. This company is CA based and has only 4 or 5 devices in the market, not well known.

Conceptually, it is similar to this device but it has mini android PC in there, so you can use this device as HDD dock or android PC hooked up to TV, play content from HDD and install regular android apps, Hulu Plus, Netflix and stream it on your TV.

I don't remember the name. I think Twister06 reviewed it (or another product from that company) but I have been checking his reviews and doesn't click.

I have ROku2 XS and I am tried of the hassles with it. Support from Roku is pathetic, so looking for alternative device and this device was pretty cool, costing about $100 I believe.

Upvote 0
Since this is apparently a phone I moved this thread to the forum for phones that do not have dedicated forums.

... Thom
Oh no, now there is no hope of any response.

This is NOT a phone. It is similar to Thermaltake BlacX N0028USU External Hard Drive SATA Enclosure Docking Station 2.5" & 3.5" USB 2.0 - Newegg.com With android mini PC built into it.

Sorry, forgot to paste the link in previous post.

Edit,
http://www.amazon.com/Android-4-2-Box-Television-Bluetooth/dp/B00DOOUV76 comes very close to the one I am looking for, but the one I am looking for is CA based company.

Upvote 0
Android Smart TV box... something like this?

2013070414530893.jpg

HMC-G39A04 - Shenzhen Mele Digital Technology Ltd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones