What countries in Europe has the HTC Hero?

Last Updated:

1. chiliu78

chiliu78 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a friend that is making his trip around Europe (with the exception of the UK!) and was thinking about asking him to pick me up the HTC Hero. Does anyone know the answer to the following questions?

1. Which countries are getting the HTC Hero?
    2. If I bring this phone to the U.S. and I connect it to the T-Mobile network, will I get fully 3G access?
    3. Any functions that will NOT work if connected to a U.S. mobile phone provider?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!

Oh yea...BTW...I currently have the Palm Pre and Blackberry Curve 8900. Looking to lose the Blackberry. Linux all the way! :D

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

1) You can add Denmark to whatever list you have. I'm not sure it's in shops today, but judging from the street ads, it's imminent.
    2) See Slinky's post below. If you buy a phone [in Denmark] it'll likely be locked, but if you [have someone] unlock it you should have no more problems than any other 3G phone in your area.
    3) I don't think so. The Market and so on is dependant on your SIM card, not the phone itself. Although, when buying the phone you should examine the carrier's customisations, as they might have added carrier-specific things and taken others away. (*cough* root *cough*)

3. TopDog

TopDog Member

Hero is coming to Norway (no dates yet, but it was supposed to be available sometime in july), and like most phones here, it'll be unlocked and have an original HTC ROM on it.

4. InfiniteSlinky

InfiniteSlinky Member

Just to clear it up, in America you will not be able to use a European Hero on 3G bands, it does not support the required frequencies, you can howver use it on EDGE.

5. InfiniteSlinky

InfiniteSlinky Member

just thougth i would add, also, there are plans to release a 3G supported Hero in america, information seems to point to the phone beiong released by AT&T although nothing solid as of yet, so with patience you can make full use of this phones potential, and where it may be tempting to import one, the best thing to do will likely be to wait for the official US release.

Slinky