What data is stored internally on Android Phone?

1. RUDEco

RUDEco Well-Known Member

Specifically the LG Optimus V. What data is stored, and recoverable, in the internal memory of the phone. As far as the SD card, using secure wipe methods, can it really be impossible to recover deleted data? I downloaded ******* recovery app and it finds nothing recoverable.

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Unless you move them to sd, most apps will be in internal memory, though some will install to sd automatically. App data is usually internal, though any backups are of course on sd.

You should be able to see from the manage applications menu which apps are on sd.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

All your data is on there. As for what's possible to recover after a format, well it depends. Can Joe bloggs off the street recover your data? Probably not.

First you need to know how to recover data from an ext formatted drive. Ok not that hard, but you'd have to figure out how to access and mount that "drive" (/data partition of phone) which needs modification of the devices firmware and / or android.

It would at least need to be rooted and in case of some manufacturers, security measures circumvented. It,really boils down to how worth it it would be. Where there's a will, theres a way. If you're a world leader with damning evidence, some one would take the time and effort to get it. If its an opportunist, no chance.
  4. RUDEco

RUDEco Well-Known Member

I hear ya, I guess my question is which data, other then apps, is stored in the internal memory. No pictures or photos are stored there, as I noticed I couldn't use the camera when there was no SD card in my phone. Any ideas as to exactly what type of data is in internal memory?
  5. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I think themes and widgets so they'll work better than they would on the SD card.
  6. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Emails, app cache, and SMS/MMS are stores on internal memory.
  7. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Likewise contacts, calendar events. Basically most data from most apps will be internal (and all of the stuff we've named is some app's data).
  8. RUDEco

RUDEco Well-Known Member

But only those texts which are saved, not ones that have been cleared?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2