• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I got 15ppm(24 months) on the Internet Texter 300 on 3. This was after cancelling and sitting on my PAC code for two days. Their original retention deal was 27ppm on a 18 month deal, that was apparently the best they could offer.

Thanks for telling me this, I was sure they were just being awkward. I'm finding a definite deal with someone else right now so I know I have somewhere to go if they play hard-ball again, then I'll call later this evening and see if whoever i get then will do a better deal.

If not, I'm taking the PAC. Sitting on it would be a bit more awkward for me because I'd have to send the phone back to cancel the upgrade and get the PAC, then they'd have to send it back to me to get me back. Could still be do-able though I suppose but I'll just get a t-mobile deal now I think.

Upvote 0
for such a strong bit of kit like the desire i was perfectly ok with going on a 24 month contract.

HTC release so many phones that trying to keep up is just madness so you might as well get top of the pile now, and wait till the next top of the range is a significant increase in speed/power/form not just a technical improvement. And if you compare the G1 to the Desire im not worried as the G1 is still capable.

Upvote 0
It is the shorter contract deals that interest me. I see people on here have 12 month contracts from Vodafone. When I phone them I can't get anywhere near to the deals I see on here. Maybe I should just keep phoning until I get someone who is willing to do a deal.

Or just go into a Vodafone shop as i did, and walk out with a 12 month contract :)

Upvote 0
I have just notices on all Vodafone contract now that have upped the data allowance to 1024mb

BTW- the contract & price i mention above is that good or can i get better :p

NB- If you didn't know, I found out Vodafone have have a separate twitter account @VodafoneUKdeals which offer exclusive price plans and also Twitter discounts on all contracts. They have no targets to hit or anything so they are pretty good at costs :). Just @ msg them for a deal :)

Upvote 0
NB- If you didn't know, I found out Vodafone have have a separate twitter account @VodafoneUKdeals which offer exclusive price plans and also Twitter discounts on all contracts. They have no targets to hit or anything so they are pretty good at costs :). Just @ msg them for a deal :)

I followed that account too, but they changed their offers quite regularly. A phone call to a few staff got me sorted, but one of the staff had not heard of the twitter account.

I got the following:

* 18 month
* free phone

Upvote 0
lol haha, thanks for that,

the fair usge policy seems good, the guy said i wouldnt get charged if i consistently went over the limit of 500mb but i would be contacted about it(i cant imagine id go over it consistently), i cant use phone at work and at home ivegot wifi so only time id need to use the 3g would be when im away from home

ive researched the internet and found t mobile are good, i would go to vodafone but i was with them before and wasnt too impressed

T-mobile have some great offers i couldnt believe it!!
Desire:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones