What Decemberween holiday do you celebrate?

What Decemberween holiday do you observe?

1. Christmas

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. Hannukah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kwanzaa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (Please let me know and I'll add it)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%

Last Updated:

1. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I came up with the idea for this thread around 2:45 this morning after waking up wide-awake.

I take for granted that most people celebrate Christmas with Hanukkah being the runner-up in terms of the number of people celebrating (not ranking them in importance, just # of observers).

So, I made a poll to find out more about our users. If I left any certain holiday off, please let me know. I'm not the best Googler out there, so this is what I found at first glance.

Feel free to add comments about family traditions if you wish.

I've always been interested in other religions (I'm an inactive Christian), so if you would like to give an overview of the holiday, I'd appreciate it.

WARNING: I WILL NOT tolerate any hatred. Don't even go into a gray area. I want an open discussion, but even the slightest disrespect will be dealt with seriously.

Advertisement
  2. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I was raised Catholic. Catholic grade school and high school. Since my wife and I bought a house, we've attended, rather sporadically, a United Methodist church.

One of the traditions my family had that I'm looking forward to, probably starting next year, is building candy houses. We would build a house (or building) out of a cardboard box, tape it as necessary, then cover in icing and candy.

I always claimed the roof and my sister had free roam of the rest. I always took the roof because I wanted to coat it with M&M's. I loved M&M's as a kid.

3. Rmg12gra

Rmg12gra Active Member

In the UK hannukah isn't a big thing, there isn't a large enough Jewish population I spose, Christmas is the main one, I have no idea what Kwanzaa is?

4. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

I celebrate, 4 day weekend days. :)

5. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

I still believe in Santa.

6. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

You day your mom and I will tell you the truth.

7. Siflan

Siflan Well-Known Member

Everyday's a celebration for my daughter. Or at least, every time I buy her somethin'. I remember the days when I used to get things ... no I don't. I've always had to work for most of the things I wanted. Kids have it so easy these days.

8. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Inactive Catholic here. Went to Catholic school all my life. I loves me some Christmas.

9. toto56

toto56 Active Member

work work and work