• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What did i do wrong

some1insc

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
Did the simple root and running 2.2 but google browser and sms doesn t work i get (the appilcation browser process com.android browser has stopped unexpectely for google browser the application) and (the application messaging process com.android.mms has stopped unexpectedly)???

this is what i did.1) Go into Recovery - RA or CW - it doesn't matter. Proven to work on both.
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik - iif you have that choice depending on Recovery
4) Install from zip on sdcard
5) Locate CM 6 - nightly build
6) Install the CM 6
7) Once that is completed - install the Radio. If you have already done this - please skip.
8) Skip the WiMax for you. It doesn't function at the moment anyways.
9) Install the gapps - with the "hdpi" not the "mdpi"(for smaller screens) make sure its the FRF91 signed apk. So a search for it. It's been posted and mirrors a million times already.
10) Once completed - select reboot and the swirling lines should go from multi-color to blue and then boot up. Give it a few mins. Everyone is different on the time length. It should not take over 5 mins.
Good luck.

Upvote 0
this is what i did.1) Go into Recovery - RA or CW - it doesn't matter. Proven to work on both.
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik - iif you have that choice depending on Recovery
4) Install from zip on sdcard
5) Locate CM 6 - nightly build
6) Install the CM 6
7) Once that is completed - install the Radio. If you have already done this - please skip.
8) Skip the WiMax for you. It doesn't function at the moment anyways.
9) Install the gapps - with the "hdpi" not the "mdpi"(for smaller screens) make sure its the FRF91 signed apk. So a search for it. It's been posted and mirrors a million times already.
10) Once completed - select reboot and the swirling lines should go from multi-color to blue and then boot up. Give it a few mins. Everyone is different on the time length. It should not take over 5 mins.
Good luck.

Well first of all, both recoveries can wipe dalvik, and if youre using clockwork, and assumed it was not an option then that might be your problem.

If not, try reflashing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones