What did I do wrong?

Last Updated:

1. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Trying to load a new ROM which I've done before, but I'm having some issues this time. I upgraded my SD card to a 16GB card, and copied all files to a desktop folder, installed new card, copied all files back, but now when I click in ROM Manager to boot into recovery to load the ROM, after it does it's reboot thing I get a screen with a little white triangle with an exclamation point and android guy, then when I press the power button, this screen appears. What am I missing from my SD card and how do I put back whatever I need to continue loading the ROM?

Also, when I download the ROM via ROM manager, it downloads into the Clockworkmod/downloads folder. Am I supposed to be moving to sdcard root directory and rename or something? Been a little while since I rooted, unrevoked forever.....

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Did you format your new card to FAT32 before copying files to it?

3. kjjb0204

Sure did. The card works fine, but there's something missing, giving me that little triangle warning.

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Do you have usb debugging on?

5. kjjb0204

I didn't, so turned on and tried loading rom from SD card. Same triangle error with droid guy. What files are missing from the SD card? Should I rename the rom to update.zip and move to root directory on sd card?

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Have you tried clearing download cache? With Rom Manager open, press menu button to access the option.

7. kjjb0204

Yep, cleared the download cache, usb debugging is on, downloaded fresh via rom manager, then still getting that triangle of death. Am I supposed to be renaming the file update.zip and moving to root directory of sd card? Also, I noticed the radio PB113 (sp) file isn't on the sd card any longer either.

8. iowabowtech

Interesting. How bout trying first to reflash Clockwork in ROM Manager, top option.

If that doesn't work, bottom option, try the previous version (2.5.0.1) and see if the problem persists.

If that doesn't work, can you boot into Clockwork old skool style and flash a ROM from the SD card? Meaning phone powered off, then volume down + power button, enter recovery which opens Clockwork, then install zip from SD card. Choose the rom (don't have to rename) and install.

9. kjjb0204

Reflashed Clockworkmod. Cleared cache and downloaded rom again, then rebooted into recovery mode and installing update.zip from there. Would still love to find out what that triangle error message means.

10. iowabowtech

Have you tried entering recovery via ROM Manager since the reflash? Triangle still there? Did you also try the previous CW version with the same results?

And just to be sure, you don't have to use update.zip, just use the "install zip from SD card" and browse the card to find the ROM. It's name is irrelevant. Maybe that's what you meant, just wanted to be sure you weren't going through any effort unneccesarily.

11. kjjb0204

Error is gone after loading new ROM via clockworkmod recovery tool. I can jump right into recovery now, no screen of death. Now, hoping the new Virtuous release fixes the bug I was having in the first place that prompted me to load a new rom. (wifi dropping completely when on bt phone call)

Thanks!

12. lennie paz

lennie paz Well-Known Member

I am having the exact problem. When you say it is fixed after loading the ROM through the clockworkmod recovery tool, do you mean you powered off the phone, pressed the volume down and power button, then went into recovery?

13. lennie paz

I followed what you guys suggested and it seems to have fixed my problem. I no longer get the exclamation point.

14. iowabowtech

Great. Did you reflash recovery also? Just trying to narrow it down to a common denominator if possible.

15. lennie paz

Yes, I forgot to mention that.

16. iowabowtech

Cool, thanks.

17. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

This is an odd problem, I'm having the exact same problem with mine. I just flashed the recovery, cleared data and cache. I'm going to redownloaded the ROM now, CM6. I had USB debugging on as well.

18. masully1984

Ok this is weird. I reflashed the recovery and still got the same error. I just went it recovery and choose the zip file for CM6 myself.

19. masully1984

I'm not sure if I'm stuck in the boot loop now or what for CM6? It loaded the splash and boot animation and is stuck.

20. masully1984

Sorry for all the posts. I reinstalled CM6, worked good just flashed the Google apps for it. I think I'm going to steer clear of using ROM manager to install ROMs for a little bit. This was my first time flashing a ROM, I understood everything I just thought ROM manager would be good convenience. I'm just throwing this out there to see if maybe this contributed to the problem but would upgrading to Superuser 2.3.6.1 cause this?

21. kjjb0204

My issue only arose when I swapped SD cards, and I'm guessing I didn't move all files over. ROM Manager has worked just fine the previous 3 times I've loaded different ROMs. I'm pretty sure this was my fault, but seems to have been corrected after manually loading another rom.

22. masully1984

I still don't know what caused mine. My sd card is good. I have a 16 gb, already formatted.. It was more annoying than anything.

23. EricS96521

EricS96521 Well-Known Member

It says signature verification failed. If it isn't already obvious enough, you need to toggle your signature check to off.

24. kjjb0204

say what?

25. smtom

smtom Member

In CWM, there is an option to toggle the signature verification.
    Select that, change it, see if you still get the issues.