What did YOUR Evo do this weekend ? :)

Last Updated:

1. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Friday night, its beautiful Google Maps got me to my corner blockbuster :D

Then, Saturday night, waiting in line at the movies to get into the theater room... It somehow jumped into my hands from my pocket surrounded by a load of iPhone users who were playing scrabble online... they instantly jawdropped :D Bad Evo...BAD BAD EVO ! ;)

Cool story, bro -

Edit: this is NOT a post to offend any iPhone users...

Advertisement
  2. Ms_Kady

Ms_Kady Well-Known Member

It gave me bragging rights over my iPhone friends! Hehe :p

3. Cerberus30

Cerberus30 Member

Google's navigation program is simply fantastic. I tried it out with the wife driving to Scottsdale. Nice big clear screen that's easy to read and I really dug how the "camera" zoomed in and out when were were supposed to make a turn or take an exit.

We've never had a GPS unit before so we're probably more impressed with that then a lot of people here.

4. dvrcowboy

dvrcowboy Active Member

My Evo got me laid .... here's to my new best friend and wingman :D:D:D:D

5. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

This Evo got two of by friends to switch to sprint and another friend frantically trying to come up with ways to defend his iphone.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

6. tfreeman

tfreeman New Member

Mine sat on the desk. Apparently it didn't get activated properly (worked fine Friday) and all data stopped working. While calling support, I pulled up my coverage on the site. Below is the pic of my house..... I'll probably play with it for a week or so, but it will end up going back. Even when my town is scheduled to get 4G in a few months, I'll never have it due to the coverage..... :mad:

Attached Files:

7. MyFishWagon

haha...great.

Also, ive been meaning to buy that tapatalk... the free version is great, but it doesnt let you reply... :)

8. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Mine went to the beach with me for a weekend. Pics and videos on this thing are so much nicer than on my last couple of phones. Same with navigation. The one big surprise was that I left work with it maybe 80% charged and then for 4 hours in the back seat of a car I streamed radio and podcasts via Google Listen while playing games, following our progress on Google Nav, and downloading apps. When I got to the beach I was down to maybe 30-40%. Doesn't sound too great but after 4 hours using screen, cell, GPS, etc. dropping only 40-50% of my battery was great compared to my last few phones. They would have been dead as I pulled in to the condo.

9. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

We snuggled, hung out on the couch and then my battery dies right before we were to spoon.... :p

10. MarqBland

MarqBland Active Member

This weekend the Evo was used like no other! But best thing is this morning getting to work and my boss (an avid iPhone user) walking right in and going up to the phone and saying "Wow! What in the world is that?! That thing is AMAZING" and pulling out her iPhone and started comparing the two then saying that my phone put her's to shame. But then she said, "but we'll see after it gets the 4.0 os."

11. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

@MyFishWagon

It's worth the three bucks. I love it. Took some getting used to but now I will never view the forums on the go using a browser on the phone again. Just other websites.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

12. rckymtn

rckymtn Well-Known Member

Well Friday i fooled around with to see what was on it, Saterday not much doing some running around. Sunday downloaded some apps, SportsTap,ScoreMobile,Aquarium Free(live wallpager) and aniPet Koi(another live wallpaper) like this one did'nt know you can feeds these Koi(my nephew was looking at my phone and he discover this) touch the lillypads they turn green, Oh the Koi dont like to be touched.

13. MyFishWagon

ha...gonna look up that Koi wallpaper now, thanks !

14. rckymtn

rckymtn Well-Known Member

Just to let you know there a free version out on this, trial version, after that 1.99.
    In Market place do a search on "Live Aquarium"

I still have the free one.

15. revelry

revelry Active Member

I gave my friend with an iPhone 3GS "screen envy" (his words).

I got Market-tunnel in my fingers from browsing apps (first "app" phone, always had WinMo).

I asked it to cook dinner last night but it just sat there. Which didn't upset me because it looked pretty cool just sitting there.