What do all abbreviations mean

Last Updated:

1. shmobile

shmobile New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and it's been really useful for me as i got a desire last week.

However, I'm having a hard time understanding a lot of the things everyone is talking about, which is very frustrating! eg rooting, SLCD etc.

Is there a list of what these all mean?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

rooting means to hack the phone to have total control over it. SLCD may mean super LCD, not sure. Here's a good place to start: FAQs - Android Forums

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

a lot of the language is just stuff that we've all made up over the years. Some of it is "online forum" speak, and some of it is specific to Android. Best plan is to read as much as you can, and if there is a specific term you can't figure out from reading...ask.

4. shmobile

shmobile New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your replies! Will continue to read as much as I can and figure it all out!:)

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

6. kbelladroid

kbelladroid New Member

Moderator, tell me this isn't true...:confused:
    (Hey, BTW, Rob, the guy from Forum Rules -- I have printed out your Rule sheet and am taking it to Christmas with my family. Siblings and I need them. I like your style.:cool:)
    Back to meanings of Abrivs....
    So, there is no glossary of terms?
    If so, then what a disappointment. But, I bet there is. Can you point us to it, please? (Yeah, none of the replies above are getting me there. Nice try, though.;))
    Kathryn
    ACME User Centered Design
    "Where's your US?"
    (Where is your "Usability Sensibility" and/or "US" --This tag line and term in quotes copyrighted by ACME User Centered Design)
    :D