• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do all abbreviations mean

shmobile

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and it's been really useful for me as i got a desire last week.

However, I'm having a hard time understanding a lot of the things everyone is talking about, which is very frustrating! eg rooting, SLCD etc.

Is there a list of what these all mean?

Thanks!

Moderator, tell me this isn't true...:thinking:
(Hey, BTW, Rob, the guy from Forum Rules -- I have printed out your Rule sheet and am taking it to Christmas with my family. Siblings and I need them. I like your style.:cool:)
Back to meanings of Abrivs....
So, there is no glossary of terms?
If so, then what a disappointment. But, I bet there is. Can you point us to it, please? (Yeah, none of the replies above are getting me there. Nice try, though.;))
Kathryn
ACME User Centered Design
"Where's your US?"
(Where is your "Usability Sensibility" and/or "US" --This tag line and term in quotes copyrighted by ACME User Centered Design)
:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones