• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help what do i need to do?

cyndryl

Mar 11, 2011
Before going ahead with "factory data reset"?

Long story short....I got my gmail account disabled and google won't reinstate it(i was tryingto lg in over and over then when i filled out the google form i thought the account was created years ago and it was actually crated last month sorry i had another gmail account and i got confused). I can't use marketpkace unless I have a google account. So I can't delete the account from my accounts & synch area because the phone tells me in order to do so you have to do a factory reset.
1. Is there another way around this?
2. If I revert back to factory defaults, do I have to reprogram the phone with my phone number, contacts etc?
3. Are there any good tools, tips and tricks i need o learn in order to do this?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Huawei Ascend
Not rooted or anything

I'm sorry no one has been able to help you. Nobody must have an answer, because people here are generally very helpful. Do you remember the answers to the security questions now? If so, why not try to e-mail google again? It's worth a try. If you do have to reset your phone, you can save your contacts to the memory card so you don't have to do those all over again. Your phone#, etc, will still be the same, you will just have to do the whole set up process again with a new gmail account. (or create one). The bad thing is you will lose all of your apps. Hopefully you don't have too many paid ones. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, maybe somebody else will come along with a better solution. Good luck!
p.s. In case you don't know, to do factory data reset, it's just settings > privacy > factory data reset.

Reactions: cyndryl
Upvote 0
You are right it's worth a try...thank you
I sent the email but in the end I called MetroPCS and verified whether I would have to reprogram my phone etc...I was told my contacts and text msgs would probably be deleted along with the disabled gmail account. So i did what I am not good at and trusted them for their word.....I was a bit anxious about the whole thing but I could have done it on my own with my eyes closed!!!!!
I'm done...looking forward to getting the Froyo update so I can really mess up this phone!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Sorry i didn't get here earlier,
I really recommend rooting (simple and safe with z4) and using titanium backup to back up your apps. Finding a few apps is fine if you loose them but when you get a bunch its a pain. Titbu will safely store backups of your apps on your sd card.
It will also let you get rid of the easywifi and boingo and all the other power sucking bs metro stuck on there.
Just don't delete google stuff.

Upvote 0
Sorry i didn't get here earlier,
I really recommend rooting (simple and safe with z4) and using titanium backup to back up your apps. Finding a few apps is fine if you loose them but when you get a bunch its a pain. Titbu will safely store backups of your apps on your sd card.
It will also let you get rid of the easywifi and boingo and all the other power sucking bs metro stuck on there.
Just don't delete google stuff.

If I root....what precautions should I take in case we do have an update to 2.2?

Upvote 0
I sent the email but in the end I called MetroPCS and verified whether I would have to reprogram my phone etc...I was told my contacts and text msgs would probably be deleted along with the disabled gmail account. So i did what I am not good at and trusted them for their word.....I was a bit anxious about the whole thing but I could have done it on my own with my eyes closed!!!!!
I'm done...looking forward to getting the Froyo update so I can really mess up this phone!!!!!!
Did you at least save your contacts to the sd card? I'm glad you didn't lose any paid apps.

Upvote 0
GMASH yeah i saved to SD it was really easy....my first thing done on this phone other than talk text and web!!! Now I feel like it needs mods!!! Just like back in the day when I used to mod computers!
If you want to root it's really easy, just read the how to root thread in the all things root section, and make sure to read the thread about titanium backup. If you know how to mod computers, this will be a piece of cake! Glad you didn't lose all your contacts, that is a pain in the a*s!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones