What do you all use to manage your music?

Last Updated:

1. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In addition to the Market vs. iTunes, the only area I feel the Droid is utterly deficient is in the area of music/video management. But that could be total ignorance on my part.
    I'm just getting to the point where I want to put my music and some vids on my Droid. What music manager do you all use? How do you transfer music from iTunes to the Droid?

Advertisement
  2. thegreen

thegreen Well-Known Member

There are a number of popular programs available; mediamonkey, doubletwist, itunes agent (makes your android appear as an ipod on itunes).

I don't use any of them myself though. I just mount the SD card and drag and drop stuff to folders I made- Music, Movies, etc.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I drag & drop music to the SD card and then use rockon's "3" (cubed) music player to manage it all. Still in beta, free and on the market, I love the interface and the way it grabs album art. And it plays songs in Album order, not alphabetical order! The dev is very responsive, too. Search for "rockon".

4. headbanger51

I just flashed UDv8.1.1 via the ROM Manager OTA update (sweet, btw) so I have "3" -- it does look cool, but...and I'm sorry for sounding stupid here...how do I import my music from iTunes to the Droid to be used with 3? Is it just as simple as copy and paste? If so, where do I put the music on my Droid and does the album art get transfered over with the music if I do it that way?

5. ZBoater

ZBoater Member

Motorola Media Link. Its free. Its not as good as a couple other options, but what I like is that it takes my iTunes playlists and creates the same playlists in the music app on the Droid. Very convenient.

6. headbanger51

I used MML and I should probably install it again if I have the disc (I'm sure I can find it on the web). It just annoyed me that every time I'd plug in my phone to my computer it would pop up automatically which I'm sure you can disable. But at the time I wasn't considering putting that much media on my phone.

7. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

I use windows media player.

8. headbanger51

What do you use to play media on your Droid? I guess for whatever reason I'm too stupid to realize that, at least for the time being, people will have to use one program to manage media on their computer (or just organize it themselves in a series of folders) and another to import and play said media on their Droid.

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

"3" should play music, and I just click on my movies and they start. Are you trying to connect your phone to your PC and play the phone's songs through the PC? What exactly are you wanting to do? :confused:

10. headbanger51

No, nothing like that. Like I said, I think I'm just used to one program managing it all both from the computer and the phone side like iTunes that will synch new songs, vids, etc when you plug in. You think you're confused, I'm embarrassed that I'm confused on this one!
    I'll just have to fiddle with it.

11. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

In windows media sync tab with the Droid mounted via USB you can setup an auto sync.

I use the native "Music" to play media.

12. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

MediaMonkey

13. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

I have been using Songbird. Unlike iTunes, Songbird watches my music folder and adds new music to my library.