What do you do with your Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. bassdelux15

bassdelux15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been playing with my Incredible for the few days I've had it and I was wondering what do other people use their Incredible for.

So far, I've been only stuck inside my house, so I don't really use my Incredible much except to call and text and occasionally go online when I'm too lazy to turn on my laptop. Once I start school again, I'll probably have more uses for it.

Advertisement
  2. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

you don't wanna know. :O

3. Terry4505

Terry4505 Active Member

Internet, text, Navigation, facebook, fantasy baseball, I ride a motorcycle, so I use it for the weather.

I listen to music, watch videos in the car with my daughter, basically my phone is a part of my life all day.

4. sgtmilstack

sgtmilstack Well-Known Member

I use my DI for many things (aside from the regular phone functions) from writing emails to listening to music.

Recently, I began using my DI to record my relative's blood glucose readings from a monitor. Really neat to keep track of her diabetes.

5. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

Fight crime. I just have to invite villains to join my latitude, then I can stalk and attack.

I've gotten 4 so far.

6. RdBrd83

RdBrd83 Well-Known Member

This is pretty much my daily routine... Woken up by the alarm, I usually make a quick check of Facebook and the weather.. On the drive in to class I play Pandora on the truck stereo with a bluetooth FM transmitter. If I show up early I'll watch a bit of Sportscenter with Slingplayer. Between classes I browse message boards, or check up on the news. After class I usually go running on the trails, where I listen to Pandora and use SportyPal to track my distance with GPS. The usual text and emails throughout the day, and then sometimes I actually use it to make phonecalls.
    Non daily uses: Grocery shopping lists and navigation.

7. thicket

thicket Well-Known Member

I use it solely for all my decision making. I considered deleting the Magic Eight Ball app after it told me to go ahead and give the kids away, but that has actually worked out GREAT!

Actually.... I use it for everything. Lists, music, navigation, alarm, weather, Twitter, Facebook, price checking/comparison, calculator, Kindle.....so much.

8. Girion

Girion Member

Loads of stuff...the possibilities are nigh endless. But to start, music/video player, GPS tracking for runs/walks/hikes, track work schedule and tasks (Google Calendar/Gtasks is awesome), primary source of social networking (FB/Twitter), newsreader (Buzzbox, Engadget), and web appliance for sports updates and other websites. Truly, an "incredible" device.

9. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

First and foremost as a phone! This is the best phone I have ever owned from call quality to ease of use. Secondly as a PDA. Coming from a Palm background, I have to admit that apps for doing this are generally lacking and there is not a lot of inter-connectivity between the OS and apps like the Palm but it is getting better. I use it a lot for texting, email and some web surfing. I do listen to music but typically Pandora not MP3's. I have used the nav and maps but not a lot so far. I inadvertently use it to make my wife jealous because she got an iphone 4 and is disappointed that this phone kicks her phone's ass!

10. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Nothing appropriate, even for the internet. :eek: But i used it to text, browse, sync, use apps, Magic 8 Ball for the win! Use it to make a lot of decisions, but with all the features it has, why wouldnt you use them??

11. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I'm considering getting one of those EVO 4G phones, I hear that they print money, grant wishes, and that they can transform into a jet and fly you to the island that one of its apps built you.

12. killadanny

I dont care. :D

13. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

If I'm driving with the top down on my convertible I use the dinc to hold down any papers I might have in the passenger seat.

14. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

i use to make my heart content.

15. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

buttsecks

16. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

17. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Everything!
    Remote Desktop to client's servers, email, texts, Slingbox, Facebook, Navigation, Calculator, Weather, music player, games, internet, calendar for business appointments, alarm to wake up, and there was something else........ Oh yeah! I even talk to people on it!

The list grows daily!

18. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

lets see I use the alarm clock to wake me up. since its syncs with all my emails I have then right there dont have to get the laptop open it up and check them. I stream pandora while I'm getting ready then i use vlingo and navigation to get me to locations i need to be . i use it to find unique lunch spots as well. i text alittle and of course its a phone

19. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

20. killadanny

^ Wow, :eek:

21. sgtmilstack

sgtmilstack Well-Known Member

*no words*:eek:

22. GoinOnTilt

GoinOnTilt Well-Known Member

Internet
    Email (work and home)
    HomerunBattle 3d (addicted)
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Music (while playing poker)
    Catch up on Entourage
    Movies
    Keep my 2 1/2 y/o son occupied when he's bad (Toy Story and Mickey's Clubhouse)
    Calendar
    Navigation
    G-Voice
    G-Talk

etc...

23. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member

Honestly It'd be easier to type what I don't do with it... nothing.

24. breathmints

breathmints Well-Known Member

i came from a lg dare to a dinc and it is pretty good upgrade..from using the internet, use the windows key alot for many internet pages.. the small keyboard they have .. espn mobile.. i was going to use it for movies..but dont have flash 10.1 so it is a little lacking..check weather, check twitter, use the 1 ghz speed!! music for my car..use an aux. instead of cd now..use the clear pixel image on the phone..

25. Tmart

Tmart Well-Known Member

I use mine for watching TV shows and movies, streaming youtube, playing multiplayer games, reading the news, listening to music, controlling all of my computers at home and work, texting, and talking.

The coolest thing i do is the controlling of my computers at home and work. I use a combination of orb, VNC, gmote and multiremote to do anything with any of my computers that I want basically.