• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What do you do with your rooted Incredible?

i know i saw this question posted elsewhere, but if forget what thread... having a rooted phone, are we going to be able to get the OTA updates or not? sorry if this has been asked 1000 times already.

Yes, you saw it ten posts above yours, by me. I've been asking and asking. It's probably too stupid of a question to warrant an answer. But i could have sworm that someone said if we root we won't get the OTA. I just want to make sure before I do it.

anyone???????

Upvote 0
IncrediLight is promising, but without a widget it's not going to displace Lamppu.

Why? What's so special about widets? seriously what is the difference in a widget and an icon pointing to a program? and what is the advantage of a widget?

I'm going to miss all the cool apps and control when I switch to the X. That's the only downside I see right now.

And to stay on topic.
I do all the above. Because if I didn't before reading this thread I have since downloaded and tried almost every one.

Upvote 0
I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I know absolutely nothing about rooting, ROMs.. any of that stuff. What I want to know is with root, is there any way to get rid of the slide unlock, and unlock using the optical joystick instead?

You don't even need to root. You can get Lockbot Pro or No Lock and wake up using the joystick. Thats what I do. :D A little buggy, but a trackpad wake with root is in the works, so soon enough!

Upvote 0
I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I know absolutely nothing about rooting, ROMs.. any of that stuff. What I want to know is with root, is the

You don't even need to root. You can get Lockbot Pro or No Lock and wake up using the joystick. Thats what I do. :D A little buggy, but a trackpad wake with root is in the works, so soon enough!

Hey do you have any more info on this? The thread I saw regarding unlock with joystick hasn't been titrated in a while. Last stuff I remember seeing is that it worked on other devices with a kernel change but it didn't work when tried on the inc.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones