1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

what do you guys think about this?

1. shankluu

shankluu Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

i rooted mine the first day i got it lol. Once you unlock the bootloader through HTC Dev its pretty easy after that. I used the HTC_ONE_M7 All-in-one kit v1.2 on mine.

thinking of trying out the leaked 4.3.3 for our device!
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i personally am not a fan of toolkits. if something goes wrong that you need to use adb/fastboot to fix,youll have no idea how to do so and a toolkit may not come to your rescue :eek:

id recomend following a guide to manually unlock the bootloader and flash a recovery. as was said,its not a real complicated process.

just my 2 cents :)
  4. KJohns

methods vary by phone of course, but from personal experience that toolkit worked without a hitch once the htc dev part is completed. Any roms anyone reccomends??
  5. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

KJohns likes this.
  6. KJohns

does that Cleanrom work for the t-mobile variant?

@scotty I usually recommend those types of things for new-b's or those who dont wanna learn the adb/fastboot commands.
  7. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

No use the AT&T Cleanrom 6 for T-mobile
  8. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

IMO if its not worth a bit of work,its prolly not worth having. the prollem is that folks unevitabley will flash something that bootloops,hangs,or some has other issue,and adb/fastboot may be required for the fix. in these cases a toolkit offers little to no support,and folks are forced to learn adb/fastboot in a panic,with a non working phone :eek:

ive been up till all hours if the morning helping these folks out of their various predicaments,and had a few become so fustrated they want to mail me their phone to fix,or just turn it in on insurance and get a new one.

manually unlocking and installing a recovery gives folks basic skills and vocabulary to recieve advice from seasoned users and fix their devices if something pops up they cant handle.

i.e.,im all for teaching a man to fish,rather than just throwing him part of the catch.

again,just my 2 cents :)
    thefisch6 and clsA like this.