• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you guys think of my mirror screen protector on the evo?

I had a mirrored one (bought by mistake of ebay) on a previous phone.
I see your doing 2 thinks that drove me nuts.
#1 is the rainbow effect you get with polarized glasses and tinted windows
#2 is the screen looking darker.
You didn't post a pic outside, but I bet it's near impossible to see your screen outdoors now.

<edit> I see now that you noticed the outdoors problem</edit>

yea your right about both things it sucks im just gonna keep it on until my clear one comes in

Upvote 0
your right the link i sent you is a different case than mine i just noticed

here is the one i have, it is also the same seller i purchased from

Upvote 0
the case is rubber and plastic kinda weird...i think it feels real good i love the rubberish feeling it doesnt really affect anything in my opinion

i think it will def. protect the phone but honestly the case could possibly take a beating but for the price i think its great

The case is hard plastic, snap on, with that rubber grip finish that makes it really hard to slip out of your grip. I paid the full Amzer price, and feel it was well worth it.
Thanks for the quick review! So this could well be my next case...

Edit: I just realized this is a snap on case, how easy is it to put/take off the case? I earlier had a snap on from Sprint and completely disliked it when I had to take it off(struggle). It also felt like the area above the volume buttons was fragile and an extra attempt to take the case off might snap that area. How's that area in your case? I just had to return it to Sprint!

Upvote 0

Edit: I just realized this is a snap on case, how easy is it to put/take off the case? I earlier had a snap on from Sprint and completely disliked it when I had to take it off(struggle). It also felt like the area above the volume buttons was fragile and an extra attempt to take the case off might snap that area. How's that area in your case? I just had to return it to Sprint!

pretty easy to take off...

mine broke today :(...i was taking the case off to show my friend something and it snapped in the right top corner. i guess for 3 dollars what did i expect...ill probably buy another though.

Upvote 0
About the rainbow effect of polarized sunglasses, its not the mirror protector that is causing it, every screen protector gets that including invisible coatings on the glass itself depending on the device. I'm looking at my phone right now with my sunglasses on and its one big rainbow with a crystal clear phantom skin on.

Upvote 0

I've taken it off several times with no problem.:)
I got a fragile one from BB that snapped when I took it off, so I know what you mean

Upvote 0
I've taken it off several times with no problem.:)
I got a fragile one from BB that snapped when I took it off, so I know what you mean

pretty easy to take off...

mine broke today :(...i was taking the case off to show my friend something and it snapped in the right top corner. i guess for 3 dollars what did i expect...ill probably buy another though.

Thanks again you guys!

Broke today? Was it because it was fragile or something silly happened? :)

Upvote 0
I got the mirrored ones for free with my phone purchase and immediately noticed the problem when I tried to use GPS to leave the radio shack.... Then I got the anti-glare screen protector from the sprint store the next day when I went to buy a case. The pack came with 1 anti-glare and 2 clear ones... I loved the anti-glare one.

But....... I got bored one night and decided to put another mirrored one on, since I had 4 more left in the pack... Bad Idea... I wish I had another anti-glare one, but I now have 2 mirrored and 2 clear ones left to use and I'm not giving Sprint any more money. :(

Anywaaayyyzzzz, I've said all this to let you know that no matter how cool the mirror one is... the anti-glare one is:
- 200% better to view indoors or outdoors,
- 200% less grimy with 200% less fingerprints, AND
- it even makes the touch experience Better.

Just FYI :)

Reactions: t1jordan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones