What do you like most of 3.1?

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

The browser's quick controls :)

Advertisement
  2. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Well-Known Member

How do I resize widgets? I read that this was one of the features of 3.1.
  3. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Only a few can be resized atm ( i think devs have to support it) Email and calendar widget are the only resized widgets im using atm. All you have to do is long press on those and resize.
    Scotchbrite and marctronixx like this.
  4. mrman8

mrman8 Member

I like the improvements in the browser.
  5. commander24

commander24 Well-Known Member

Here are some of my favorites...

- marketplace now remembers where you were in the list when you select an app and use the back button (This drove me nuts when I was deep into a list and had to constantly scroll back) :D
    - more than 5 apps in the history list.
    - resizable widgets (very cool for email)
    - storage "items" break out list
    - "Check now" button in "System Updates"
  6. androidguy65

androidguy65 Well-Known Member

Hard to narrow it down but I like:
    Scrolling multitask panel
    Updated quick controls
    resizable Widgets
    After I get a Bluetooth mouse that will probably be my favorite addition.
  7. LIH

LIH Active Member

i like the performance jump in the browser and other online apps like pulse
  8. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

For resizable Widgets, like the concept, but I wish you could change the calendar, like size it to the whole screen and show the week or whatever.

I really like the longer recent apps list.
  9. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

The mouse support is awesome. The mouse pointer is unique in that its black with a light blue glow around the edge. Also I am now able to pair my Mini keyboard with mouse pad which makes text input and navigation easy. Honeycomb is much more suited to mouse support since all of the navigation buttons are software buttons you can click with the mouse. My only gripe about the external keyboards are the inability to adjust the repeat on the keys. I am constantly typing double letters in apps like twitter or email. We need a desktop like HID interface for settings. The updated thumb navigation wheel in the browser is awesome. Still no Desktop view support that sticks for getting rid of mobile view sites.
  10. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to see that they added "save page" in the browser settings. Awesome for offline viewing of websites.
  11. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Yes - this drove me nuts too. It would get to the point I would debate just how worth the app might be before clicking in. If I was going to have to scroll a ton to find my place it had better be worth it. Opted not to check out more than one app because they were not deemed worthy enough.
  12. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member

I love how the browser remembers where you were on previous pages when you go back to that page.

I don't like how the keyboard doesn't support long press anymore, its really annoying.
  13. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

one of the minor thing i liked was in the email app (not gmail). I like when you click the accounts (i have 4 on mines) it shows the count with bigger numbers now. minor upgradebut i liked it
  14. androidguy65

androidguy65 Well-Known Member

I am back with a bluetooth mouse and my thoughts were right; this is my favorite new feature. Using a bluetooth keyboard doesn't feel so awkward now. I also enjoy the cursor, the defualt cursor on mac and windows is horrible; every web page seems to have white as a background and then the mouse blends in.
  15. Scotchbrite

Scotchbrite New Member

I noticed that too. Funny how much some of the smallest changes jump out.

As mentioned, one of my favorite new things is the browser quick controls.
  16. en WyCe

en WyCe Well-Known Member

Wish New Tab and Close Tab for browser's Quick Controls were on opposite sides of the tab previews. Have accidentally closed tabs when I meant to open a new one.
  17. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I tend to get more misses on the quick controls then accidental presses. The one thing I've always been annoyed with the quick controls is being unable to press on links/buttons on the sides of a webpage. They need to allow the quick controls to popup from a gesture, not just by hitting what may not be the margin.
  18. en WyCe

en WyCe Well-Known Member

Completely agree on that. Corners are especially difficult. Love the wallpaper selector. Shows you outlines for both portrait and landscape orientations. No more educated guesses.
  19. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Still not got here in the UK...
  20. yofa

yofa Member

nor here in canada. boo...