What do you like so far?

1. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Please all the "special" things you like so far about the Xoom.

I like the way you can choose different accounts in the Market.

The multi-touch makes Fruit Ninja better.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member

The browser is very fast.
  3. RickInHouston

RickInHouston Well-Known Member

I like how you don't want to keep flipping it from landscape to portrait. Landscape is just right!
  4. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Speaking of multi touch... I have two Google accounts set up for mail, and I have two widgets (one for each). I thought the multi-touch was supposed to let you scroll through both independently, but I am not having any success here...
  5. faith4more

faith4more Well-Known Member

Love the way they designed around landscape. Really fits in hands nicely. The way they tapered back gives great feel. I primarily used iPad in portrait mode but was never as comfortable as Xoom.
  6. rjoudrey

Really love the new market categories.
  7. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Me too. I love that they separated Tablet Apps, even though there aren't many there yet.
  8. rjoudrey

Check out the AccuWeather Tablet app! Sweet!
  9. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I know, I can't wait! The few tablet optimized ones are very nice, as are the native Apps.
  10. Jamace1

Jamace1 Member

I did. I put the widget on the main home page and it showed "Null". I restarted and the widget got stuck at "Loading". I sent email to Accuweather and they responded that they are escalating the matter.

If anyone got it to work let me know how you did it please.

Other than that, no complaints here. I'm loving it.
  11. rjoudrey

Flixster runs in tablet mode. Nice!
  12. railrode1

railrode1 Active Member

It's easier to say what I don't like...every time you go back in the browser, you have to re-scroll back down to where you were before,the bezel edge around the screen is a little sharp and the charger plug is not a 90 degree connector. Well that's it for now. Love this anti-ipad thing!! It's not complete yet but rather have it now than later..
  13. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

I love the browser wheel menus you get to control the browser when you enable google labs. Very thumb friendly no hand moving.
    p8ntballah21 likes this.
  14. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what browser are you using? you can go into the browser settings and make the adjustment.

skyfire has a toggle on the page you can switch betwixt the two at will...
  15. rjoudrey

They must of spent a lot of time on the music app, got tired of hearing about iPhone all the time.

It really kicks a$$ now!
  16. rjoudrey

I have found that if I go to the site go to the bottom of the page and select full version and then save the bookmark every thing works fine.
  17. jhat3k1

jhat3k1 Well-Known Member

I like the fact that the system tray has been moved to the bottom. I think this is not discussed enough. It a makes navigating the tab MUCH easier.
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. rjoudrey

Just tested the SDCard:

Write 8.53 MB/s
    Read 22.16 MB/S

SWEET!
  19. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member

• I personally love the fact that there is a tab button on the keyboard
    • I love the 1% battery increments(Moto Droid and Droid X never had them :()
    • I love the copy and paste function, works flawlessly.
    • I love how fast and easy it is to add widgets to your screens
    • I love how it shows you exactly where your widget or app is going to go
  20. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

I'm hard pressed to find something I DON'T love about the Xoom! But not yet celebrated in this post is it's ability to capture really great photos on the fly. People can debate photo quality from a non-photography specific device all day (and they do), but the experience of taking a quick few shots with the Xoom is undeniably satisfying.
    Of course it might have something to do with the dual core 1 GHz (or 1.5 :) ) processor & a Gig of RAM!
  21. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

What?
  22. will_m68

will_m68 Active Member

I too like pretty much everything, there are two that I don't. 1) compaired to the iPad when turned on the screen shows way too much finger prints. 2) the charging cord, it kind of scares me, looks a little week.

Thant about it, great product!!!
  23. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

... Just sayin'.
    3devious likes this.
  24. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

25. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I like that Motorola did such a good job of marketing that they were able to sway folks into looking at other products than the latest iThing. Maybe they'll actually have finished product to satisfy people who don't have enough money to be so impulsive or the respect for the little bit that they do have to actually look at what they are paying for.
    I don't have an ounce of sympathy for anyone who dropped this kind of money on the Xoom and was not prepared for it not to end up with all of the things they heard it would have in a reasonable space of time. Motorola is not excused from their BS, but your hands aren't clean either and I hope that you have to pay someone to take it. If I didn't have the option to put everyone who /ragequits the Xoom on /ignore, I'd buy it from you just so you'd quit whining but you'll probably do it again with the next unfinished device that comes out.
    Psychokitty likes this.