What do you recommend?

Last Updated:

1. Jacob Malliet

Jacob Malliet Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Currently I have the moto droid. I am thinking about upgrading to the Droid X but not sure if the upgrade is that beneficial. I really enjoy the flexibility with having a rooted device and from what I've read the DX is going to be a phone with little hope for rooting much like the milestone.

My question to all of you is what do you reccomend? and if I should upgrade, give me a few reasons why.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

you have a great phone and you seem on the fence, meaning you may regret your desicion if you base it on others opinions.

load froyo.wait til christmas

3. Motorola

Motorola Active Member

It's up to you. You want a bigger screen? You want HDMI output? You want a faster processor? A better camera?

4. lilcal70

lilcal70 Well-Known Member

i would suggest the x because it's an amazing device pure& simple..the original was great too& the incredible is pretty sick but i canceled my order for the incredible& wait a month & a half for the x..in no way am i disappointed in my decision.

the droid x bears a to ompap 3630 1ghz processor with seperate graphics handling..which translates into a performance machine.

the camera& video quality are reall amazing especially the video i love it& im very impressed with that.

the screen is also very nice& yes its bigger than most phones but in no way too big i've really grown accustomed to it..web browsing& videos are top notch with it.

hdmi output is a really nice feature as i race motocross& im going to have videos of me taken& i will review them on my tv which is bad ass :)

dlna is really neat i have already linked my x to my ps3& shared some stuff with one another.

if you'll get use out of theses features then this is definitely the phone for you especially if you have verizon if not there are phones with lesser features such as the inredible hope this helps anyone who views it :)

5. lilcal70

lilcal70 Well-Known Member

i would suggest the x because it's an amazing device pure& simple..the original was great too& the incredible is pretty sick but i canceled my order for the incredible& wait a month & a half for the x..in no way am i disappointed in my decision.

the droid x bears a to ompap 3630 1ghz processor with seperate graphics handling..which translates into a performance machine.

the camera& video quality are reall amazing especially the video i love it& im very impressed with that.

the screen is also very nice& yes its bigger than most phones but in no way too big i've really grown accustomed to it..web browsing& videos are top notch with it.

hdmi output is a really nice feature as i race motocross& im going to have videos of me taken& i will review them on my tv which is bad ass :)

dlna is really neat i have already linked my x to my ps3& shared some stuff with one another.

if you'll get use out of theses features then this is definitely the phone for you especially if you have verizon if not there are phones with lesser features such as the inredible hope this helps anyone who views it :)

6. eddie33081

eddie33081 Well-Known Member

Im in the same situation. Havent pulled the trigger yet. I have a secondary line that can upgrade but then I would not have an upgrade until Feb 2011.

Are there any breakthrough devices coming out in the next few months?