What do you suggest?

Last Updated:

1. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im getting my evo in a few days and I want to be all set to root it as soon as I get it. I have very little linux or command line knowledge or experience. I plan on using Fresh or Damage Control. What tutorial do you guys suggest using? Also what is the most current OTA update and does "Fresh" support flash?

Advertisement
  2. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member

I forgot to check, but I believe it does support flash lite.

I have no experience with DC, but use the OTA method (just watch the video and follow the instructions), once you're down graded then install unrevoked, then ROM Manager, download Fresh or Damage Control (I don't think the newest DC is in ROM Manager, but Fresh is) and flash that way.

3. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a tutorial for what you just told me to do?

4. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member

Go to the first link in my signature for the OTA update root. This all assumes your new EVO will have the 1.47.651.1 software on it... you can check with Menu->Settings->About Phone->Software

rtmeikle likes this.
  5. PAPutzback

PAPutzback Member

I suggest you check out XDA-developers. Why we have this loop of links from here to there is beyond me. Just sign up there and call it home.

6. rtmeikle

rtmeikle Well-Known Member

So assuming I run the file in that thread, I'll then have the ability to load a custom ROM to my phone, correct? How do I complete that step, and which ROM should I use?

I'd really like to be as close to stock (after OTA update) as possible, I'm only rooting to add the ability to wi-fi tether.

Thanks!