What do you think of the Win Phone 7 tile interface?

What do you think of the Win Phone 7 tile interface?

1. It looks like sh#@

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. It's alright

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I have to try it in real life

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. I LOVE it!

2 vote(s)
    11.8%

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think it looks like absolute sh#@.

Even compared to the iPhone, Android with all its home screen flavors, and the Palm WebOS.

Advertisement
  2. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

As I've stated in other threads, I don't think the device is going to take off. As for the interface, I'll be fair and say that I would have to try it out before passing judgement.

3. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I would definitely have to try it out in real life before I make an opinion. I think it looks kind of neat (it is different) but functionality is a different matter.

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I'll have to try the full WinMo7 OS out in actuality before I make any final calls. I must admit that I like the whole Xbox Live integration portion.

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I like the look of it, but I reckon it'd get a little boring after a while.

Can't wait to try the OS out, can't see myself giving up Android for it though...

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I like the simplicity behind it, but there is where I could see problems. If all you get is blocks and whatnot then there probably won't be a lot of customization. I'd have to try it to be sure though.

7. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I'd have to pick one up and play with it, but I can't bring myself to go to the ATT store. I'd rather have a spike driven through my head.

8. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

From what I've seen it actually looks kind of confusing. At least I think it would be, at first. Everything kinda looks the same.

9. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

I looks like something grandparents would enjoy in a smartphone. everything is rightthere in front of you, with no real need to modify anything.

That said, I've actually played with WM& phones and abosolutely hated the experience. granted the phones I played with were the first generation of them that were shown about 6 months ago, so I'll reserve final judgement Until I see the new batch. As others have said, this strikes me as too little too late. I can't imagine too many people looking to sign up for an even more restrictive environment than apple's from a company with as checkered a product history as microsoft. I can't even see gamers taking up WP7 in any real numbers, because the games they love to play (mainly the deep, elaborate, full immersion first person shooters), are not available for the game connection on the phone. add the lack of local syncing with outlook (who's responsible for that decision), annd as pretty as they might be, this spells MAJOR FAIL to me. android, Apple and RIM have nothing to worry about from WP7.

10. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

I want to like it but its fugly.

Xbox live integration is cool for a minute. hell, zune integration sucks.

11. stevro63

stevro63 Member

As a looong time Zune user i have to say that the interface of the Zune HD, (which is very similar to what I have seen of the Phone 7 interface) Is outstanding. Simple and intuitive. Very easy to navigate and quick to pick up. Probably the best interface microsoft has. Unfortunately, unless they get mac support it won't even get a look from me. I sold my beloved Zune HD because of the no-mac support thing that MS has. And Bootcamp and/or parallels is not a viable option for syncing phone data let alone your music library.

12. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

I look forward to getting one. But, almost two years till my X is eol. If WM7 phones haven't turned out to be a flop, by then. I will definitely be getting one.

13. iavswn

iavswn Well-Known Member