What do you think we'll be your next phone after?General

1. eosman

eosman Member

Just wondering what people are thinking their next phone will be that will replace their S2 Skyrocket.

For me it will either be the next Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S4

Advertisement
  2. ADRz

ADRz Well-Known Member

To early to tell. For the time being, the SII Skyrocket, being an LTE phone with a nice display running ICS is really excellent for all my tasks. If Samsung continues to innovate, yes, an S4 would be a possibility by the time that I would need to upgrade. But one never knows, as HTC may have a very nice competing and even Nokia may come out with an Android phone (rumors). I think that the basic decision would be based on expandability of storage, a brilliant screen, modern OS and a great camera.
  3. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

My upgrade is due in February of 2013...I'm thinking S3, Note, or whatever else awesome Samsung comes up with. Coming from owning nothing but iPhones since smartphones came to be, I'll probably look into the iPhone 5 too.
  4. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

Galaxy S3 :D
  5. log1c

log1c Well-Known Member

whatever phone has the best upgrade value from At&t on Amazon in May 2013 lol
    by that time, the phone should have jellybean with a future update that probably won't land for like 4 months later hahaha
  6. RobMelone

RobMelone Member

I'll let you know Dec. 2013...lol
  7. TgeekB

TgeekB Well-Known Member

Not due for an upgrade until March 2013 so we'll have to see what's available then. Have been very happy with the Skyrocket.
  8. ad2435

ad2435 Well-Known Member

my next phone will be an unlocked phone directly from google without the carrier bloat and a software experience that is pure google.

the att modified ics running on the skyrocket is nothing like the ics that runs on the galaxy nexus.
  9. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

yeah i've had enough of carriers crap! i can live with touchwiz but defiantly no more carrier's crap for me. When Nexus is gonna get old i would rather pay $500 + for unlocked phone and just pay regular monthly fee without contract!
  10. fwdkiller

fwdkiller Member

Im debateing on iphone 5 or galaxy note 2 my upgrade is in october on my birthday too.
  11. antonio107

antonio107 Well-Known Member

I've got a ways to go on my contract. At least another 15 months, lol...

Honestly? And don't everyone gang rush me all at once...I'm looking at an iPhone. I just like the UI better from my iPad. Widgets and swiftkey are great, but my attempts to customize my phone have brought me nothing but headaches. I think I'd might prefer a more restrictive OS that runs more smoothly and reliably.
  12. ad2435

ad2435 Well-Known Member

i could never go back to a smaller screen no matter who makes it.
  13. cluelezz

cluelezz Well-Known Member

I don't get to upgrade until 2014. If I'm still kinda poor then, I'll get a year old rootable phone like I did when I got the skyrocket. Otherwise, whatever google has. Waiting for updates isn't fun.
  14. AK1021

AK1021 Active Member

I can't tell you what my next phone will be yet, but I can tell you what it won't be...Screw apple.
  15. Frameguy53

Frameguy53 Member

If I could upgrade today I would probably get the Note II.
  16. davidlb512

davidlb512 Active Member

I would be more interested in the Nexus 4 if it had expandable memory, but I'm with Frameguy53, I reeeaaaaalllllllly like the Note II!!!
  17. Zurfies

Zurfies Member

If I could upgrade in the near future, I would highly consider the Note II or a Nexus phone.