What do you use SNote for?Tips

1. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

If there's a thread here for this, my apologies. I thought it would be nice to share uses for SNote.

I constantly find myself at the store wondering which refill (printer ink, air freshener spray thingy), etc I need to buy. Often leaving the store without it because I can't remember if I have an Air Wick Air Freshener or Glade. Or if my printer model is 3250 or 3520.

I made a note folder with a photo of the items I need to buy refills for. Now I always know which one to buy.

I also have a Christmas List folder and one for my drawings.
    uploadfromtaptalk1355683622231.jpg

Advertisement
  2. AgentR

AgentR Member

I didn't give it even a passing thought until just a few minutes ago. Then I opened it, and drew a smiley face. Then it occurred to me, in 31 years of owning computing devices, I have never, until today, been able to draw a smiley face with a pen on a computer. Ever.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

I have no idea how I'll use this feature in productive work, but I feel like someone just removed a tether from my ankle that I didn't even know was there.

And yea, I just picked up my Note II today.
  3. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your N2. When I got mine I didn't think I'd even use the SPen. Couldn't see and real benefit to having one. I can honeatly say that I have seen the light. I use to keep a pad and paper by my chair to jot things down. Now when I need to jot something down, I just whip out my SPen and jot away.... :)
  4. h1r0ll3r

h1r0ll3r Well-Known Member

I use it primarily for brain farts :D You know, you get that random thought in your head that you need to pick up this or go check out that. I write those little notes with the S-Pen. And if I'm out and about, if I see a DVD or some product of interest, I'll jot it down with the S-Pen to remind me to research it later on. Plus it comes in handy when you need to get that phone number or whatever as well.
  5. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Well-Known Member

I use it for shopping list, reminder when I see or think of something I need to write down. To show someone an idea or explain a concept graphically where a piece of paper and a pencil would normally be used. I need to learn how to insert a photo taken with the camera, I think that would be very useful. Just recently I was price comparing between two stores and it came in handy to make notes.
  6. softarno

softarno Well-Known Member

Will i use it for everything
    - as h1r0ll3r also use it for ideas that can come up anywhere
    - use it as to do lists (shopping, work, reminders...ext.)
    -Draw on my photography and sign my name before i post them online
    - During my presentation and lectures as a teaching board
    -Reading PDF books
    - Sometime drawing funny stuff
    -During meetings
    It
  7. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

In the note you are writing, the 2nd item from the right up on the top bar top lets you insert a photo or take a pic.
    SupperDroid likes this.
  8. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

I don't yet. I need a good video tutorial first. I love the idea of it, but the few times I've played with it have made it clear it isn't as intuitive as it could be (ymmv, of course!).
  9. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

Here's a link to a Users Digest for the Note 2 in the Play Store. It includes video tutorials for the whole device. Maybe it will be useful.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.co.samsung.note_2
    aileendq and SupperDroid like this.
  10. Liam548

Liam548 Well-Known Member

not much difference to just typing a text and saving it is there..
  11. katesings

katesings Member

Well, at first I used it to import pictures and draw moustaches on them, now I use it to write down all sorts of things:

1. I am a singer and I use it to quickly jot down songs ideas
    2. My dad is in the hospital, and I am using it to jot down insurance and other medical information.

It is quite the application. S:)
  12. some.devil

some.devil Well-Known Member

I use it to write lists and jot down notes.
  13. dafuse

dafuse Active Member

I LOVE the fact that I can place the note into Evernote, directly from S Note. Share Via -> PDF -> Evernote. I use that all the time because Evernote is my main app for, well, a lot of stuff.

I also use it frequently to take notes when someone calls me and I'm not sitting at my desk. I get a lot of those types of calls, and I usually have a bluetooth headset, so I just whip out the pen and jot down actions, etc.
  14. SupperDroid

When I pull the pen out the quick note pops up, is there a way to have S Note start, I think it did that at first but I must have changed something.
  15. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

Maybe you turned off Page Buddy. It's in settings, display.
    SupperDroid likes this.
  16. justpastfinish

justpastfinish Well-Known Member

I work as a plain clothes detective. I have the pop up note on spen un sheathing. I use it to jot down license plates of cars and such on surveillance. Great so far
  17. SupperDroid

page buddy is on
  18. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

Here's what happens when I pull my pen out. [​IMG]

I get the quick SNote popup on top of the SPen page buddy.

Which one are you not seeing when you pull your pen out?
    SupperDroid likes this.
  19. SupperDroid

I figured it out, I use nova launcher and it won't work with it.
    Corki2 likes this.
  20. donas

donas Well-Known Member

I use Nova, all S Pen features work properly on my note2
  21. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Well-Known Member

Probably Page Buddy doesn't work with Nova. It doesn't work with Go.
    Corki2 likes this.
  22. SupperDroid

all features work except I only get quick note. No big deal I rather have it this way.
  23. SHIVA77

SHIVA77 Well-Known Member

I use the S Note for shopping list. I used to carry a piece of paper, now I don't. :) I am sure other excuses will manifest.
  24. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

I never use that page either. I haven't figured out what I would need it for.
  25. donas

donas Well-Known Member

Oh gotcha, my bad....I thought they meant the quick note thing that popped up when you pulled the pen out.......I'm gonna so sit and be quiet over here.