• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What do YOU want in a ROM?

Germwise

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
I guess since now we have NAND and we can flash new roms there will be a lot of people working on custom roms.

We can talk about the things we'd like to see and maybe give some good suggestions to those making them

I like sense UI but I am very frustrated with some of its problems like contacts not syncing up, facebook syncing is not reliable for linking contacts etc.

Also I hate the browser that autofills and sometimes the keyboard suggestions get on my nerves.

I would very much like keeping some of the widgets.

My preferred rom thus would be FROYO stock with the ability to add sense widgets.

Favorite contacts for fast calls, Bookmarks, stocks etc.

What do you want?

First stable Froyo 2.2 build and I jump until I get the ideal rom. Please post if you know of one.

I would love to be able to wake the screen up using the optical button instead of the power button. Apps in market don't work well. Also the battery charge issue to be addressed without having to turn off the phone to FULLY charge the battery. Bluetooth issues to be addressed as well.

both of these first 2 issues would be nice in a rom for me.

Upvote 0
i'll take froyo..........with some toppings.

Just want a stock froyo build with the HTC keyboard and all the features the incredible has the hardware for (like the FM radio, kinda don't want to lose things like that)

EDIT: also would be nice if they would make it so Verizon keeps saying that i need to update my OS since it isn't the latest build from them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones