• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do your X Screens look like?

newbitmapimage2s.jpg

How were u able to have the MOTO widgets (i.e. Messages, Social Network, Etc.) that size. Mine is default 2 X 2.

Upvote 0
I still don't see where to go to, to learn how to post screen shots.

Not the easiest thing to do, but I followed this Droid X guide but i'm sure the process is similar for other android phones. One importatnt change to note:

*) DO NOT turn on Debugging the first time you plug your Droid X into a pc.
For the first time, just plug it in (leave it on PC Mode which is default) and allow it to finish installing. Shouldn't require any intervention. THEN turn on debugging, and let it update the driver based on that change. I never needed to point it to the "usb_driver" folder.

*) also, keep in mind that if you follow Instruction 7: "It is recommended that you select all available packages for maximum compatibility.", your android-sdk-windows folder will be over a gig in size... just fyi.

Upvote 0
How were u able to have the MOTO widgets (i.e. Messages, Social Network, Etc.) that size. Mine is default 2 X 2.

ADW Launcher lets you resize all widgets.
Although some don't like to be resized, the ones on my screens work fine. Note: also in ADW Launcher you want to turn on ADW Settings -> Screen Preferences -> Auto Stretch. That makes it so that the custom-sized widgets don't accidentally overlap.

Upvote 0
ADW Launcher lets you resize all widgets.
Although some don't like to be resized, the ones on my screens work fine. Note: also in ADW Launcher you want to turn on ADW Settings -> Screen Preferences -> Auto Stretch.

Can you resize the Moto Contact Quick Tasks widget with ADW? With LP you can't change the size nor can you select a default action such as a number.

Upvote 0
Can you resize the Moto Contact Quick Tasks widget with ADW? With LP you can't change the size nor can you select a default action such as a number.

Sadly no, the Contact Widget (which was one of my favorites) doesn't seem to work with any of the custom launcher's i tried. The picture gets totally messed up and even though ADW lets you resize it, it's a mess.

I'm thinking we may see more widgets modeled after it soon though, it's pretty cool. ProLauncher already looks like it has something similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones