What does android/google back up automatically?

Last Updated:

1. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Active Member This Topic's Starter

My son's droid got stolen last weekend and when the replacement arrived on Monday we went through the activation process and were shocked when everything but the pictures and music that was on the sd card in the old phone came back automatically! So my question is...how did this happen? What does the droid backup on it's own?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

google backs up dled android apps and purchased ones. Also you contacts are backed up into google contacts. anything on your old sd card will of course not come back and neither will populating your home screen and what not.

3. tnstra

tnstra Well-Known Member

and you don't get back any of yourtext msgs

4. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

its not really new technology, my sidekick did it when i went from the sidekick 2 to the sidekick 3 and my blackberries have done it a bit too. it is COOL as hell though

5. jungajuice

jungajuice Active Member

you get your calendar back as well. you do get your apps back but they'll be fresh without any of your previous settings or data

6. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

you also get back wireless settings.

i.e. You have a wireless router at home and use it for wifi. When you turn on wireless on the device it obtains the IP address and password and will automatically reconnect.

I think your previous wallpaper is restored also.
    At least when I'm flashing roms and have to sign back into Google it puts my last used wallpaper back on the screen. Even if I had removed the picture before flashing.