• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Does Everyone Think About a Travel Subforum?

Should We Have a Travel-Oriented Subforum?

• No, I never go anywhere anyway

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes, Why not? We have everything else...

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • I really don't care, i just like voting in polls!! :)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
We have quite a few focused subforums, and I was going to post something about a recent flight, but was a bit surprised we don't have one focused on travel.

With the plethora of members and many of them international, it seems like it would make sense to have such an animal; sharing of stories, must-see things when you go somewhere, all with the familiarity of our Droid-oriented friends.

What does everyone think? If there's a decent amount of interest, I'm sure the admins would accommodate us. ;)

Call me a negative nancy, but do we really need another subforum in the lounge?

Would a thread with this info suffice? I genuinely don't believe the amount of traffic we're getting at the moment warrants another subforum.

It'll be popular for the first few weeks, then tail off once the initial buzz has died down.

Upvote 0
Well,
I can point y'all to some very nice eating places in Arkansas and Oklahoma....

our little group has RTE Meet 'n Greets all the time... meaning about every 4 weeks when it is warm enough to ride.

RTE? Ride to eat :p

last Saturday we went to Ed's Truck Stop Diner in Sallisaw, OK
https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...884a1a6c3!8m2!3d35.4531428!4d-94.762872?hl=en

good food, and we had fun.

Next Nov 6th, we are all going to Callahan's Steak House in Siloam Springs, AR
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...bfb675ff!8m2!3d36.1718889!4d-94.5387213?hl=en

awesome food and enough room for a bunch of us RTE folk....

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
You aren't forced to post there while travelling, it could be for later.

You've never met the Mrs. :p

That wasn't made clear in the OP and Luna is the kind of guy who needs these things spelled out in simple terms or he begins to feel alone and scared.

Geez, you curl up in the fetal position and whimper like a puppy ONE time and you get labeled for life ... or was it two times? :p :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones