What does it do?

Last Updated:

1. Formsvacka

Formsvacka Member This Topic's Starter

I got the 2.1 update yesterday, and as I was going through all the new features I found something under Settings that I quite don't understand (either it's a new feature or something I just didn't notice before). I'm from Sweden and I have Swedish language on my phone, but I'll try and translate everything into English properly, hope you understand what I mean.

Under Settings > Sound and screen, there is something called "Discrete ringing when ca" (the title is too long and I can't read it all, but I assume it says "call" or "calling"), and underneath it says "Lower ringing volume when the phone is moved".

How does this work? What does it do?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

When the phone is ringing it uses the accelerometer to tell when you've picked up the phone and lowers the volume, to make it less disturbing to people around you :)

3. Formsvacka

Formsvacka Member This Topic's Starter

Oh, I see. Well, that's kind of clever, I guess.

Thank for the quick reply.

4. Cheule

Cheule Well-Known Member

I disabled this feature as I'm never certain if I'll get a call when I'm out and about on my bike. With all the jostling about in my pocket I'm convinced the phone thinks I'm picking it up, thereby lowering the volume and making it impossible for me to hear it out in the open.