What does MetaMorph work with?

Last Updated:

1. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've used metamorph with Cyanogen ROMS, but will it work with sense-based ROMS like Fresh 2.1.1? Do metamorph themes need to be made specifically for certain ROMS? Or can they be interchangeable? Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I'm not very up to date on metamoprh, but I do know for sure, that kevlars kick ass circle battery works for me on ivans 1.1

3. Rossco_Pee

OK, lets say I apply a metamorph theme. Is it possible to go back to what you had originally without restoring a nandroid backup?

4. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

As far as I know, no. You would have to do a Nandroid restore to get back to where you were.

5. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

If you have your orginal theme in a MM, then you would just reapply that one. The way MM works is it changes out the pngs inside the apks, unlike a flash update where it replaces the whole apk.

As for which works with what, it depends. Most Sprint ports, any MM should work. I have seen a few people say my circle battery MM works for them on their straight Eris ROM. Dont know about my kevlar Mash though. As I tell everyone. Only way you going to find out is try yourself. I applied tons of MM's to see which worked and which didnt. Just rem to NAND before diong any on the off chance it doesnt work or you dont like it.

Also, you might have to apply a MM up to 6 times before it fully takes. I just reflashed and it took 3 times for my own MM to fully take.

6. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

It's really hard to say because there many factors involved. I find it's typically best to find a MM theme specific for your ROM. I know that the droid just got an updated cyanogen ROM and applying an older theme messes up the settings menu because of the changes.

7. Rossco_Pee

The help is mucho appreciated fellas!

8. cstamper

cstamper Member

I'm not really sure about full blown themes, but the non-transparent lockscreen and the circle battery worked for me on ErisLightningBolt 1.4. :D

9. jonathanphx1

jonathanphx1 Active Member

I am currently running a ROM that is a modified Damaged Tazz ROM ported from CDMA Hero. Metamorph works with it. Below are some of the picts.:cool:

Attached Files: