1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What does Pandora widget actually do?

Last Updated:

1. MotoAlex

MotoAlex Active Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I put the Pandora widget on my Droid's screen it doesn't seem to do anything useful. It just says "Pandora Radio".

What does this widget do on your phone?

Advertisement
  2. bimm3rb0y

bimm3rb0y Active Member

It acts as a shortcut to Pandora. Add the widget and then just tap it and it'll stream your playlist right on your homescreen as a widget. Its just a more convenient way to use Pandora. I have it as my widget and love it.:D

3. drathos

drathos Guest

It starts off as a shortcut to the full Pandora app, but, once you start playing, it changes to having info about the current song and basic controls (thumb down, thumb up, play/pause, and next song).

4. MotoAlex

MotoAlex Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK, thanks guys. Looks like I'll stick with my Pandora Stations folder instead. :)

5. chase

chase Member

How does this work? I've seen screen shots of this but can't get mine to do it.

6. spooksmcgee

spooksmcgee Member

deleted

7. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

You have to add it under widgets. Long press on the screen, then go to add widget. If you just press it, it starts up the last station you had playing.

8. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

Or you can add the pandora folder and quickly access all your stations right from your homescreen then take advantage of the widget. Even faster.

9. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

I added the widget, but it does nothing when pressed, no matter where I press on the widget (I heard you have to press right on the letters, but that doesn't help.) I can only run it from the app. What am I doing wrong? I am using a Droid X. Thanks!

10. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Try double tapping the screen. I think if the pandora time limit has been hit, you have to double tap it to reset the connection. It should bring up the full screen pandora player.

Also, have you set up the widget to access your Pandora account. You have to put in your user name and password for it to work.