• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What does this icon in the notification panel mean?

I was unable to capture a screenshot so I'll have to explain it in words as best I can:

There was a "data-like" symbol in my notification panel on the left side about 3 icons in. It had the up and down arrows like the 3G data icon but instead of 3G it was an "E" turned 90 degrees to the right and on top of the arrows.

Anyone know what that was? It's not there anymore and I can't seem to isolate which apps were running at the time, etc...??:thinking:

Thanks
Jerry

The only thing that comes to my mind is you were downloading something. I get something like that when data is downloading. were you downloading something??

Yeah I think I was from the app market. But I've never seen that icon before - I've only seen the 3G data icon. And I was using WiFi at the time so 3G data was off....???
:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones