what does turning off backround.data control?

Last Updated:

1. dannytech_lt

dannytech_lt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my battery for some reason is sucky again so I turned off background data letting.anything sync.at anytime .. what will b affected by me turning that off?

Advertisement
  2. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

I think background data is the process of an app syncing even when it is not opened.
    For instance: Facebook app getting your messages/friend requests and alerting you via notification even when it's not opened.
    or Twitter alerting you when you get a DM even when it's not opened.

If you have the background data UNCHECKED, your apps will NOT perform their syncs when unopened.

Everything that syncs will most likely be affected by this. FB, Twitter, Calendar, Mail, News, Weather, etc.

3. dannytech_lt

dannytech_lt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So should I keep it on or.off?

4. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

mm yeah that's what it does could save you alot battery but if you use this services it will suck, and btw your phone won't be able to use the android market until you turn it back on

5. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

do you use it alot then i will say yeah otherwise not but then again i think that's the reason you got the phone, but is up to you i don't turn it off at all usually get like 14hrs or more, and i usually read feed every hour or so, text messages, etc. one thing the consume a lot battery is the camera