What Does Your Epic 4G Screen Look Like?

Last Updated:

1. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

From what I've heard it is too deeply integrated to simply delete. You'd need to install a custom rom to get rid of it.

2. KVN

KVN Member

So if its not deleted, does your phone run slower? I noticed when I have it installed, opening certain apps take longer to load then normally. I used taskkiller and it still feels slow
  3. kngyn19

kngyn19 Active Member

I am very minimalistic. The Epic 4g does such amazing black that even the smallest amount of color stands out vividly atop of it. I wish there was a clock widget that also includes a battery and network indicator so then I my home screen would be perfect.

It doesn't translate as well in picture, but it's very soothing to have a completely dark background with slow moving pixels streaming across.

4. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member

Lock screen

Home screen - like it clean

Game screen

car screen

5. KVN

KVN Member

Hey plainbrad very nice! Can you tell me where you got the lock screen and battery icon for your car screen?

6. plainbrad

The lock screen is Widget Locker [$1.99] and is very highly customizable.

The battery widget is called Battery Status Donate [or maybe just Battery Status and then I upgraded to the donate] and it let's one put a custom skin on the battery. The skin I use is a modification of a skin called gChrome.
  7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Nice clean setup
  8. Pitbull329

Pitbull329 Well-Known Member

plainbrad, that looks great! Does that Widgetlocker app drain your battery? Hows your battery life with that type of lock screen?
  9. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

10. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

If you use widgetlocker... can you use the pattern lock with it or no?
  11. Pitbull329

BigD562 likes this.
  12. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

Wish I could show mine but im not rooted yet..
  13. Pitbull329

You dont have to be rooted, the app Shootme works without root on this. I don't have my Epic rooted, and Im using that app.
  14. KVN

KVN Member

Actually you don't need to root for majority of the customizations. I just dl'd launcherpro, then connected to my computer and added custom docks and icons I found all over this site and deviantart. The boot up launcherpro, and do a long hold on the present icons and click change icon--->then pick custom. LMK if you need instructions for the bottoms dock. Im still learning how to change the top doc (notification).

Here's how mine look earlier today. Its a little bit different know as I find new icons and wall papers:

15. plainbrad

Weather and toggle widget with their forcast add on.
  16. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

I don't feel like taking screenshots and uploading them. My Epic has the same setup as my EVO:

Obviously the status bar is the Epic status bar instead.

Using Launcher Pro. Clock is "digital clock widget" by maize.
  17. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

Where did you get the wallpaper?
  18. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

Jude72 likes this.
  19. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

love it!!!!!!
  20. rambo47

rambo47 Well-Known Member

YaBoiD likes this.
  21. fishtaco254

fishtaco254 Active Member

Where did you get that clock!!!
  22. Flaspeneer

Flaspeneer Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing ever since I began reading this thread. That's my favorite clock so far. Even Dashiell Hammett would have loved that clock.
  23. Bmerz

Bmerz Well-Known Member

Very nice! What clock is this, and where to get it? Thx :)
  24. plainbrad

if it drains my battery any more than normal, I haven't noticed. I absolutely love this app.
  25. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Clock is called "Tajm" and is available on the market.