What else can scratch the glass screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was reading about the scratch test (keys, screws, razor, etc.) and how they didn't scratch the screen, but how sand might. I am curious, is it sand specifically, or anything like it, such as dust or lint? Could things like that scratch glass?

In other words, can the screen be scratched by slipping the phone into an otherwise empty, clean pants pocket?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

its not gorilla glass so anything abrasive will scratch the EVO screen. dirt, sand, dust, keys, pen, pencil, etc...

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I dropped mine in the floorboard of the truck and the little bit of dirt/sand/gravel that collects on the floormat left a small scratch. Barely noticeable but it did scratch.

4. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

My mentality is I can upgrade every year (plus I have Sprint insurance), so no need to baby the phone. My screen is naked and is holding up fine... I live in AZ where dust and sand are inevitable. Aside from droping on concrete/pavement... The screen appears to be pretty tough.

5. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can start upgrading every year as well, but I just got my Evo yesterday so I'd rather not have scratches all over it within the first week. :) I'd prefer not to use a case or screen cover either.

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Well, about the only things that damage our screens are glass and any form of loosely packed sand/gravel.

7. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

A jagged staple head dragged across your screen will scratch it but good. Sadly I know this for a fact :-(

8. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

I haven't been rough with it and it seems like a tough screen but it scratched more easy than my cheap pre.. WTF :mad:

9. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

I didn't put a protector on it because I like the feel of the screen.

10. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Well-Known Member

I work in the construction field dealing with machinery that also dig in minning applications . First week I got two hairline scratches on the screen . More than likely I picked up something up on my finger (no telling what material) and it scratched the screen . I put a invisible shield on mine and it hid the scratches . Yeah the shield feels weird but Id rather beat the hell out of the shield and just put a new shield on then have a perminate scratch in the glass . Plus from what I have gathered from the different forums there are screen guards that feel pretty close to the bare glass screen anyways . Rather replace those then the glass