What exactly is google voice?

Last Updated:

1. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am curious in what it is. They say it is a great app, but can somebody explain to me what it is and what it does?

Advertisement
  2. KappaG9

KappaG9 Well-Known Member

Its basically visual voicemail. You sign in on your computer to google voice and set up your voice mail for your phone. They will call you and you will have to type in a code they give you to verify. You can also get the app from the market on your phone on which you can check your voice mail. You just have to change the settings to make your voicemail go to google voicemail in stead of at&t and add the voicemail number to the google voice app on your phone. It translates it to text first if you don't feel like listening to it then you can click and listen to it on your computer or phone through the app.

The setup is easy once you start it online.

3. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Like KappaG9 said, it's easy ONCE YOU START IT ONLINE! I beat my head against a wall trying to do everything from the phone! Get a PC with a web browser and set it up in tandem with your phone. It would've saved me a few days of frustration!

4. KappaG9

KappaG9 Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely use a pc web browser to do it lol

5. Coppanuva

Coppanuva Active Member

Another cool thing is it gives you another phone number you can call/text from. You can also give that number out and it will route all calls it gets to your phone if you set it up that way. Not sure how many people would have use for that, but it is there and can be fun if you ever feel like confusing people.

6. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

7. Clienterror

Clienterror Active Member

If you're starting a small business and don't want to carry a 2nd phone, also sorts out a business call from personal kinda convenient.