What feature in your music player (that isnt already there) would most like to see?

1. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I'm considering adding a full blown music player to my P2P Bluetooth Music file/playlist sharing app (BlueMuze, see sig). And I was hoping to get a sense of what people are looking for feature-wise.

So what feature would you guys most like to see in your apps that isn't there yet?

And as a follow up, what feature can you not live without in your apps?

Advertisement
    :
  2. steam374

steam374 Well-Known Member

I can't live without my shuffle feature on my music player.

(Using double twist player at the moment)
    alostpacket likes this.
  3. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

I must have folder support in my player, possibility to add a widget on homescreen, support for album art, larger interface buttons for comfortable navigation, Equalizer, if possible support for other audio formats (like flac), headset support (including Bluetooth stereo headset).
    alostpacket likes this.
  4. alostpacket

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming! Looks like if I add a music player to my app I have a heckuva lot of work to do :)
  5. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

The feature present in Cyanogen's modified music app: including hold volume up/down to go Next/Previous track even while sleeping. This allows no-look (and no-screen) track management. It's a huge win, and haven't found it in any other media app yet.
    alostpacket likes this.
  6. steam374

steam374 Well-Known Member

Yeah if you could long press up or down on your volume button to change the songs while the phone is in sleep mode that would be really cool. I think that's what the guy above me is talking about.
    alostpacket likes this.
  7. alostpacket

Hmm wonder if I can do that in an app -- I'm thinking the volume things is a rooting/OS issue. Thanks all for the suggestions please feel free to keep them coming.

As for my app I decided to really focus on what the app is designed to do, and hold off on any music player for awhile. But I havent completely ruled out a music player just making sure I do my stuff the best I can first.

So any suggestions about a bluetooth p2p music and playlist transfer app are also welcome! :)