What file format of digital movies works on Android tablets?Support

1. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

Tried to drag and drop my digital copy (WMV) of The Avengers and it wouldn't transfer. Kept saying it couldn't be played, so it wasn't going to transfer.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Have you tried MX player? I haven't used it but I've read it plays WMV. It could also be DRM copyright protection that won't let you move it. Maybe?
  3. The_Superhoo

Well, when it copied off the disk it made 2 files. One with "PC" in it and one with "MOB" in it. (Presumably short for "mobile")

Neither would let me drag and drop to my N10
  4. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

did you turn on usb storage mode?
  5. shrewoc

shrewoc Member

So long as there is no DRM and you are able to get it on the device I have yet to run into a format that wont play with either BSPlayer or MX Player. Both seem to play everything but each has its advantages and disadvantages. Waiting on my N10 but this works on my DINC4G so I would be willing to bet its the same for the N10.
  6. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

One more vote for MX Player. I convert my movies on my PC (using DVD Catalyst) and toss them to my tablet & phone -- MX Player never skips a beat.

Also - you can control various features from your screen: raise / lower volume by sliding up and down on the right, change brightness on the left, FF/RWD... well, you get the idea.
  7. The_Superhoo

My Avengers file appears to be DRMed. Screw you, Microsoft. Wish I'd downloaded it as an itunes file. Maybe it would have worked. Instead I have a file I'll never use on my pc as they probably hoped.