what format and where to put videos?

Last Updated:

1. mikeb33

mikeb33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I used DVDFAB to rip a DVD using "generic" format. 1.5 hours came out at 850 mb. I put it on my card in a new "videos" folder. When I launched the videos application, it said "no videos found". I moved it to the "media" folder, but got the same result. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. evoman2be913

evoman2be913 Well-Known Member

Hey mike,

Did you convert it to mp4 before you transferred it on to your SD? From what I understand, our evos only support mp4 but there is an app you can download called rockplayer which plays divx files on our evos... I use it and it works flawlessly.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XX6PZKH

Hope this helps bro!

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Dude, do a search, it has been talked about every single day on here.

Here is the main thread with all the settings you need. Please read through the whole thing, its only a few pages, as there were some additions that werent added to the main page.

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/87073-htc-evo-handbrake-settings-video.html

As far as where to put it, it doesnt matter, as long as its on the card, and its the right format, the Videos or Gallery app will find it.

4. mikevember

mikevember Well-Known Member

RockPlayer . . . . plays alot of different file type.

5. mikeb33

OOPS! I see I made an AVI, which explains the large file size. I am ripping it again in MP4. Should I put that in the Media folder?

6. evoman2be913

Sure Mike you can put that in media or the videos folder you created. You should be golden from there.

7. mikeb33

OK I did it again with DVDFAB as a MP4 and it looked good, but had no sound. So I tried again as an iPod video and it works great. It is still huge at 900MB, is this normal? Anybody recommend a 32GB card?

8. evoman2be913

What kind of resolution are you ripping with? I have the dark knight (720p) and its just under 2 gb and avatar (480p) is a bit over 1 gb but they are both blu ray rips and look amazing on the evo. The dark knight of course is true 720p so with the HDMI out the TV looks crystal.

900 MB doesn't seem like a large file Mike. Do you have the black bars on the dvd like widescreen edition or is it full screen?

Verizon had a special for $100 for their 32 gb but I'm not sure if it's still going on. Some users on here even got it for $50 because Verizon had a typo on their site lol

I think you can't go wrong with a 32 gb... That's what I ordered because ever since I got my evo, it completely replaced my ipod touch so I sold that a month ago LOL