• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What games have you bought?

I gotta say, It's nice to see that people actually pay for games. According to what some developers say, "Nobody buys games in the Android Market! Android owners are cheap bastards!" (Not exactly a direct quote, but you get my drift). If there are any developers reading this thread, we DO pay for games. We just don't pay for crappy games. Just about every game listed throughout this thread is quality.

For some reason, this thread makes me proud:)

The ones that are complaining are the ******s who keep making the same cookie cutter puzzle game that people can beat in a matter of a few hours.

It's just like MMO's and developers trying to make money off it by copying WoW and so forth. The market is saturated with puzzle games, what about your app would people want to pay for that's different from the others.

If you read the above lists you notice the same games showing up in several posts. It's because they took the time to do something different.

Like Game Dev Story. Hell look at Armored Strike, they have a full multiplayer option game as well as a chat lobby and friend system. Who the hell wouldn't want to pay for that.

Star Traders RPG is a full fledged space sim rpg that they are CONSTANTLY updating and giving support out to. I haven't played it yet but I bought it when I could just for the support.

To call us cheap though? Well, I'm sorry if you're awesome 15 dollar app is awesome but it's for a god damn phone, I'm not paying for ANY mobile game that costs that much unless it's really damn impressive.

Remember chaos rings on the itouch/iphone? Ya that may have been worth 15 bucks but it was a damn nice developed JRPG that you'd find on something like the playstation. The controls were really good as well, you could even put your thumb anywhere on the screen and a joystick would pop up there instead of being restricted to where the dev's thought it should be.

Reactions: Essex
Upvote 0
Both Mini Squadrons (awesome fun game)
Galcon (really fun strategic game, a must buy IMO)
Lets Golf 2 (most fun on phone, very deep game too)
Totemo HD
Buka HD (great timewaster)
X Contruction
Home Run Battle (best graphics on Evo, awesome multiplayer option too)
Tower Raiders Gold (very good Tower Defense game that i played on a plane for 7 hours straight and still not close to done, very deep)
Moblox ( a poor mans style of Angry Birds but a lot harder and brainier. 120 levels)
Squibble (very cute game, worth checking out)
Game Dev Story
MX MOTO (my FAVORITE TIME WASTER)
Blow Up, Shoot U, Papastacker,tumble game, all amazing games too

Games I bought and hated:

Modern Combat 2 (was buy one get one free with Lets Golf2 , so i would never have bought a first person phone shooter. Even though this got good reviews, its just not my thing for a phone to play a shooter)

Upvote 0
I recently purchased Spider-Man total Mayhem, Let's Golf 2, and Pinball Ride. I am enjoying all three of them.
I've heard this complaint before and I agree that games that don't offer a free trial make it difficult to purchase just on faith. I've found some reviews on YouTube, but there doesn't seem to be as many as for the iOS devices. Do you think this is something that people would be interested in? I ask this, not surprisingly, as I have a friend who has posted a couple of reviews and is wondering if there is even an audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-oF8o7kT4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hCzSNPiDTs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones