What gets deleted during these steps in installing a rom?

Last Updated:

1. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

7.) Wipe data/factory reset (Again not required all the time but unless you are sure it will work without wiping its smart to do so.)
    8.) Wipe Cache Partition (Again not required all the time but unless you are sure it will work without wiping its smart to do so.)

I've been switching between roms on my wife's droid and haven't been doing these steps, because I don't want to delete her texts.

I did a titanium backup before switching and then before switching roms the first time I did a nandroid backup.

Does the nandroid backup text messages? I assume Titanium backup backs up all the apps and settings on the phone?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Try MyBackupPro. It backs up MMS and SMS, among other things. I use it WITH TiBU.

3. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

The nandroid backup is an exact copy of how your phone is when you backup, so texts will be saved.

Try mybackup pro or mybackup...I know the pro will save texts, I'm not sure about the free version.

It's pretty funny that you mention this, my wifes Droid is rooted 2.1 stock (took forever for her to let me do it) and now with the announcement of 2.2 coming next week I told her I needed to put a ROM on it and the first thing she says is "what about my texts?"

I was going to give mybackup a try.