What Goeth on in Your neck of the woods?

Last Updated:

1. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Trying to talk myself out of moving my desk solo. The thing is quite heavy, even emptied out, so the sensible thing to do would be to wait for DH to be up to help, but I really want to rearrange that part of the room!

Advertisement
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

Wait for help. Its not worth hurting yourself for
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I decided rather than procrastinate I would do my laundry so I can maybe put together my early Christmas present and commence rearranging my room to fit it.

Must be in the air Seanette.
  4. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

I think i will switch over to your regimin! I've heard that just a 'dash' of Irish Rain also speeds up the recovery factor!

[​IMG]
    argedion likes this.
  5. Seanette

My brain realizes you're right, but the "must rearrange" urge is fighting sense. The cramps and fatigue do seem to be tipping the scale in favor of my brain. :)
    argedion likes this.
  6. argedion

oh do tell!!!
  7. Rico ANDROID

I wonder what B B's gonna get all of us for Xmas this year!?!..Shes starting her shopping early, so, plenty time to throw hints and subliminals at her!!!
  8. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Unless my unemployment gets extended Christmas will be mostly small and/or homemade gifts. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'd just hope for more time to make things. :)
    ocnbrze, argedion and Rico ANDROID like this.
  9. Rico ANDROID

Awwe! And Handmade gifts are the best of all. A lot of thought goes into those! Well, I send a BIG thank you for that "vitual gift" already!

Just the words you posted says your family and friends will appreciate your thoughts and the expense you may go through (with unemployment). Hope the new year bring some good results!

HEY ! What Goeth! Just Got published for this weeks "Favorite Watering Holes!" Go check it out! Hope some noobies like WG and join the crowd here!
    argedion and BabyBlues like this.
  10. argedion

Praying that you get what you need soon.

for my gift just take 2 things of can food to a local shelter and tell them its from me.

thanks
  11. Rico ANDROID

OOH! Ditto! And as a "pay it forward" type of thing, i will do the same for you two here at a function in Houston!
    BabyBlues likes this.
  12. argedion

So get stuff rearranged? Did you wait for help?
  13. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I can haz cold feet and chicken poop on my shoe. :mad:
  14. Seanette

DH hates rearrangements, so declined to help. I managed OK (explained to him that I was NOT going to wait until he was at work because I thought it a good idea to have him around if I did something like drop the desk on my foot).
    argedion likes this.
  15. argedion

What?
  16. Rico ANDROID

Sounds like the Granite "stepped in a big pile of...."
    argedion likes this.
  17. argedion

went and got a 24 inch flat screen today for a secondary monitor for my laptop. I hooked up the HDMI and man this thing is humongous. I can do some serious movie watching now from my laptop (15) inch screen is so small now. I picked it up from the pawn shop for a $100. USA Dollars
    Rico ANDROID and Granite1 like this.
  18. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I really had cold feet, and when I looked at my feet there was chicken poop on one of my shoes!! LOL

I have chickens, and I let them out of the coop in the morning. It's been mighty dark in the morning now, I didn't see that particular landmine.

On another note, I'll be reporting to WV next Monday. I've been assigned to a new project for the winter. A stabilizer tower for refining natural gas is being erected south of Wheeling WV. I'll be testing soil compaction with a Troxler Nuclear densometer. One of these:
    [​IMG]

I'm going back to Banlandia. :(

At least I'll get to hang with TS more often. :p
    argedion likes this.
  19. argedion

Glad you wont be laid off then so that's kewl anyways.
    Granite1 and Rico ANDROID like this.
  20. Rico ANDROID

I agree! and Granite i cant get enough of your avatar! i gotta grab a copy! If you guys got to see movie "The Night of The Granite Leagions" you'll know this omninous fellow's current avatar is simply a "vacation break from his mighty powers"

ARgedion! hey you should put that new big flatscreen in your new cafe! for us customers to enjoy!
    argedion likes this.
  21. Rico ANDROID

Here's what goeth' in my neck of the woods this morning in the R. Android household! Clementines coming over later at the big feest!

[​IMG]
    argedion likes this.
  22. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Digesting...
  23. Rico ANDROID

.....belly-rubbing time.......burp
  24. argedion

Black Friday and so far I have not participated in the sadness of what has become a tradition of inhuman behavior for saving a dollar or two off of a product that should be sold at the price offered all the time. I am however thankful that at least the day before this madness of mankind occurs that we show thanks and gratitude for something.

This is my favorite time of the year. Please lets keep the spirit alive and not the worldly traditions that have corrupted it. Peace to all mankind (and womankind). Remember give from the heart and not from a discount at some retail store.
    Rico ANDROID and wyndslash like this.
  25. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

We don't have turkey day here but it's fun to get into the action online:D
    argedion likes this.