1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What Goeth on in Your neck of the woods?

1. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

we are having turkey day .. on Sunday.. because of family timing.

but we do duck.. because we dont like turkey that much :p
    Rico ANDROID and argedion like this.
  2. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Duck is yummy:thumbup:
    argedion likes this.
  3. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

I agree. What I find ironic locally, is the metrop passed an ordinance forbidding a private citizen from feeding a homeless more than one item and more than one peerson without paying for a permit or if youve prepared the food in a non-regulated kitchen.

Theyve added some very costly fees and charges along with types of outrageously priced "restaurant-quality" equipment that must be installed in your home in order to "qualify" to feed another human in need.
    argedion likes this.
  4. wyndslash

that's strange. what's the reasoning behind it?
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

That sounds just to crazy.
  6. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Do you ever wonder how prior generations survived without all the "protection" we now get from various unelected, unaccountable regulatory bodies? I certainly do.
    argedion likes this.
  7. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Probably something that started from people not wanting a homeless shelter/soup kitchen in their neighborhood. Honestly, it's understandable, property values and all that. It's the NIMBY syndrome. (Not In My Back Yard)
    argedion likes this.
  8. wyndslash

that's sad :( but it's not an uncommon thought. :(
    argedion likes this.
  9. argedion

Yes everyone feels compassion for the homeless until they camp out in your back yard
  10. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

The Night hath descended in thy land
  11. Rico ANDROID

Their reason is that giving a hungry person food from a "non compliant" faccility (your home cooking you feed to your family and friends every day) could get a hungry person sick.

The prob I see with it is 1. Its a revenue venerator for the city, 2. The city cares less for a genuine homeless now, so why do they care about a hungry family on fhe sfreet's "health"? 3. Why arent they going after "Lil Johnny's L3munade Stand"?

Theres families anf small groups that tried to continue bringing the food to the ones ln the street "before and after" the once a year deed. There were many who couldnt get to these annual occassions and the rest of the year, starve.

Bringing a bag lunch or wrapped dinner to pockets of homeless was doing some good ..now you have to pay $$$$ just to help another human in need
  12. argedion

sounds like a money scheme to me. The city should be ashamed of themselves profiting off of those who are less fortunate.

oh and they are hitting the lemonade stands

The Battle Against Lemonade Stand Crackdowns - Business - The Atlantic Wire

is just one article of this "unacceptable" behavior.
  13. Rico ANDROID

This is so sad. You'd think members of a city council would opposena lot of these actions. Personally I feel that these new regulations locally will contribute to the increasing crime rate. I mean, when someone is desparate, they do things. It might not be right, but they will steal or break in or rob to feed themselves. Then local city jails have to pay for their lodging and nourishments.
    argedion likes this.
  14. Rico ANDROID

Just to let u know, I just voted on your discussion rating. Gave it a FIVE Star!

I wonder how many takes a second or to and use this option?

[​IMG]
  15. Liamo_210

Oh wait it happened again. I hope this does not become a regular occourance as i am only just back from work an hour.
  16. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i need some of what you are drinking/taking...
  17. Liamo_210

I tell you you cant drink it
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  18. Rico ANDROID

Is it one of them thers "Chikken Feets Kickers" I heard could make King Kong whimper?[​IMG]
  19. argedion

Alright Gang it is getting to be that time of the year. We need to spread the Christmas Cheer. Lets decorate the forums and get it looking like Christmas Should.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  20. Rico ANDROID

I'm up fer it!
    argedion likes this.
  21. argedion

dan330 and Rico ANDROID like this.
  22. Rico ANDROID

Cool, Arggie! Did you clip those yourself? Which ringtone app do you use? I got Ringdroid
  23. argedion

a couple of them i did myself the others were downloaded last year. I use Audacity.
  24. Rico ANDROID

Fyi....digg'n around the attic for some deco for your Watering Hole...found T H E perfect "cough" angel for the treetop!

[​IMG]
  25. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Bah humbug! Wake me up when its over!