• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what happened to Adobe Flash on 2.1?

stepprichard

Lurker
Jan 10, 2010
Hello fellow android users I was told months back that when 2.1 update released it would have adobe flash! (among many other things) well i got the 2.1 update today and have to be honest was not super impressed, although i will say my web browsing experience has improved and the phone seems to be overall faster would still love to have adobe flash....i guess thats the "golden question" does anyone know if my droid will ever get it?!!

Flash was not supposed to be on 2.1. From the articles I read, phones had to be updated to 2.1 BEFORE flash could be installed. Flash will be released by Adobe sometime this summer. (probably June or July - hopefully sooner).

The only thing I know that didnt come that was listed on the original list of 2.1 features was the additonal of additonal home screens. I remember seeing all the features posted on one of the forums (it might have been this one). Shortly after the list came out, word came out that the additional home screens would not be included in the 2.1 update. There are several apps a person can download to get additional home screens.

Upvote 0
Flash was not supposed to be on 2.1. From the articles I read, phones had to be updated to 2.1 BEFORE flash could be installed. Flash will be released by Adobe sometime this summer. (probably June or July - hopefully sooner).

The only thing I know that didnt come that was listed on the original list of 2.1 features was the additonal of additonal home screens. I remember seeing all the features posted on one of the forums (it might have been this one). Shortly after the list came out, word came out that the additional home screens would not be included in the 2.1 update. There are several apps a person can download to get additional home screens.
This is correct. Flash SHOULD be here by summer. And if it's not, I predict a leak sometime in the near future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones