What happened to Google Nav?

1. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

I had a Version 2 Evo and exchanged it at BB for a new one (Version 3) that didnt have dust under the screen. Well now I no longer have Google Nav on my phone preinstalled. The one with the little blue compass arrow. I cant find it in the market place. Am I blind? I really liked that one the best.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. utee05

utee05 Active Member

I'm not sure why it wasn't pre-installed, but you should still be able to get the to the Google Nav through Google Maps. This is the route I normally take since I use maps to find the location and then just use the navigation selection within maps. As long as you have Google Maps you should be good, just won't have a dedicated icon for it.
  3. JMac202

That sucks. I really liked the dedicated one.
  4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

5. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

Does maps need to be updated? It might be installed then.
  6. JMac202

7. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

It's there but it's only accessible via Google Maps when you search a POI. The second to last update of Maps added a separate icon for navigation. If you're using a stock / hard-resetted Evo then you just need to update maps to get the separate icon.
  8. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

You're all wrong... I had the same problem...here's what you do to get the blue icon back...

1. Update Google Maps
    2. Turn phone off then turn it back on
    3. Hold finger on home screen then look under "apps" for "Navigation." You'll see the icon with the blue arrow pointing up.

Done.
  9. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

You're all wrong... I had the same problem...here's what you do to get the blue icon back...

1. Update Google Maps
    2. Turn phone off then turn it back on
    3. Hold finger on home screen then look under "apps" for "Navigation." You'll see the icon with the blue arrow pointing up.

Done.
  10. JMac202

You're wrong. Post number 7 worked for me. So obviously he/she wasnt wrong.