1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to Music Junk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I just went into Music junk app on my phone and it wouldn't work, so I tried looking it up on the market and it was gone! Does anyone know what happened to it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I just opened it up without any trouble.

3. themikeymike

themikeymike New Member

Music junk isn't working for me either

4. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I don't see it in the market any longer. I can start the app, but a search always results in a "network error", which is funny because their ads show up at the bottom of the screen just fine, so it would seem that their network works fine...

5. rjfrandle

rjfrandle Member

Same here. Network error on all searches. Using a droid eris with 1.5 software. Does it still work for some who have different software?

6. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

The ads run off a different server. All the dev does is enter code to the javascript in their app, and then the ads run from the ad server.

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

It seems google is pulling all music download apps off the market. imusic is gone too.

8. Gee

Gee Member

Wow there goes my way of getting songs onto my phone. Does anyone know another app similar to music junk?

9. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

To be fair, you can't blame Google; technically those music downloads were, well... not legal, I don't think.

Do what I do. Search for the song you want through Tube Downloader and download as MP3. :) Since Tube Downloader relies on youtube's servers, even if it was taken off the market, it'll always be usable unless Google shuts youtube down to spite us.

10. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

How do get the app off of your phone? It doesn't show up in "my downloads".

Thanks.

edit: Nevermind. Manage applications from the settings menu can do it.

11. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Also most file managers can do it, like through Astro.

12. G.Armour

Oh well, music junk and imusic were cool. But to be able to download the music, and/or just the music to your phone and save them directly to your memory card from youtube is great!

13. Xavion2004

Xavion2004 Well-Known Member

Try neomusic, its like a imusic clone but it works great

14. rjfrandle

rjfrandle Member

I had the same problem for several days, but today I was able to download again.

15. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Sure enough. Thanks for the heads up!

16. G.Armour

neomusic is not on the market anymore.

17. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member

damn .. i think its time that a 3rd party app store like cydia open up shop

18. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Uh, haha, there's actually no need. Right now, you can put up your apps anywhere and let people download them, so whoever made Neo Music/iMusic/Music Junk can just open a blog and post a link, or whatever.

19. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

Well it'd be good to have them consolidated in one place and easy to download. Of course that comes with certain risks since it would make it a god target for a lawsuit if they had mostly illegal apps.

20. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

In hopes it was an error I didn't remove music junk from my phone yesterday just cuz of habit I think, I opened it up and was able to download music again. Music junk lives, just not through the market. If you still have it installed you should be able to use it.

21. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

I found an app called mp3 download. its apretty nice app. it has 3 different search engines and a pretty good selection.

22. mrsquishyy

mrsquishyy New Member

[​IMG]

Scan this barcode with your barcode scanner app and it will give you a download link to download it. Hope this helps!!

Ltoledo1, Karrar, onlyred and 3 others like this.
  23. whereitis

whereitis New Member

I used Music Junk a few days ago with no prob, but yesterday I started getting the "network error" result (though like user Squiggy I can still see the ads at the bottom of the screen). So I went back to Google Play (the new name for the Android Market - leave it to a big successful company like Google to f*** up something that works fine by renaming it with an idiotic name) and did a search for the "mp3 download" app that user darkside recommended, found "Easy MP3 Download v2" (it was first on the list) and downloaded that and did a search for the tune I wanted and it worked fine.

Pretty stupid of Google to play games like this if you ask me. We all know it's painfully easy to download music from 1000 different sources, and when Google tries to prevent it from any one source then users will just go elsewhere as I did. Trying to keep mp3 files proprietary is like stopping the ocean with fork, and it's a waste of their own resources to even try. Apple may be the biggest company in the world, but I will never buy an iPod or iPad or iPhone because even if you own the music on it, you cant move or copy that music to your Droid or non-Apple MP3 player. I keep the same music library on my phone, my PC, my cheapo MP3 player in my car, my cheapo MP3 player on my bike, and the cheapo portable MP3 player I use for travel (all my MP3 players together were under $100 total), and it's all the same and it's easy to add a song by downloading it, then copying the same MP3 file (with a simple drag and drop using Windows Explorer) to each player one at a time. If I want to modify the library (such as renaming some songs to change the order in which they play), that's easy too, using the same simple tool, deleting the old and copying the new files over. So why do these idiotic companies always want to try to control our lives? All it makes me do is spend my money elsewhere (which is why I never buy Apple because of iTunes or Sony because of their proprietary memory stick format).

24. ride_k2

ride_k2 Member

All of my older Mucik Junk app versions no longer work.

Has anyone used the new purchase version of Music Junk v4.2.1 (slideme website) ?

25. ride_k2

ride_k2 Member

FYI, This verison works great. just installed it. They have a link on their Facebook page to download this version for free (Music Junk v4.2.1)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.