• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What happened to my battery???

Sarius24

Feb 11, 2011
I charged my phone last night and when I unplugged it the phone showed "100%" but the moment I plug out the phone it imediatley drops to 96%! Also I should mention that in the past three day I have made sure to fully discharge the battery before charging it, could that have been a problem for the phone? I don't get it how my phone wont stay at full 100% now -__- should I just get a new battery?

Also in less than an hour my phone drops by 10% it's kinda disgusting...how do I know if my phone is using a task killer? It's a stock froyo 2.2 captivate.

That is due to the system halting charge once it reaches 100% it will stop charging then drop down so far and start charging again this is to prevent over charging. Mine does that sometimes as well. When you see that instant drop to 97% its b/c you caught it in the middle of the drop cycle.

And as fludude99 suggested you might need to give it a recalibration cycle by performing a bump charge

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones