What happened to my home screen, etc??Support

Last Updated:

1. henryshock

henryshock New Member This Topic's Starter

Help!! My home screen is now 3 pages instead of 5 or 6. My apps now scroll up and down instead of left to right. What did I do?? I hosed something help...I hope not too bad. Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement
  2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

What phone? Are you running a 3rd party launcher (LauncherPro, ADW Launcher)? What were you doing just before this happened?

henryshock likes this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Henry.

Hrethgir askes some important questions in an effort to zero in on a remedy for your screens issue.

We need to know what device you're referring to and what launcher is being used (the "launcher" is the device's interface, stock on some is "Sense" and on others it's "ADW").

Generally, a sudden unexpected change in launcher behavior is caused by accidentally checking or unchecking a box in one of the configuration menus, or by some other user input done while not paying attention. ;)

I moved your question to the Android Lounge area for you, out of the generic Lounge.

henryshock likes this.
  4. henryshock

Thanks for the responses. I have a Samsung Epic and was backing out of Handscent when it brought up a box I wasn't familiar with (I think it had 2 options, Home and something else) and w/o thinking (not paying attention) I chose one of them and then BAM, it happened.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Here's what I think happened ... You had a launcher app installed handing your home screens. Whichever one it was ... ADW.launcher or launcherpro ... it got updated and when it does that it clears the defaults, so the next time you go back to your home screen, Android asks you which one you want to use as default.

Easiest way to set this back is to use Home Switcher - Android app on AppBrain and choose the launcher you want.

henryshock likes this.
  6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I believe you nailed it, Lunatic. [​IMG]

henryshock likes this.
  7. henryshock

Right on!! Any thoughts on how this second launcher showed up? Was it possibly bundled with another App I DL'd? It was called "Home" when I go to home switcher. My default launcher had been TwLauncher.

Thanks again for the help!

8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Ah. "TwLauncher" is TouchWiz ... Samsung's custom UI. The "Home" choice is actually to use no launcher at all, or as described 'round these parts ...Vanilla Android. Of course choosing that option might prevent some of the custom widgets available with TouchWiz.

henryshock likes this.
  9. henryshock

Starting to make more sense now...Indeed the home launcher did not show me the Samsung widgets.

Thanks again for the help!!!

10. aliciablessing

aliciablessing New Member

So GLAD I found this post I just did the same exact thing today :eek:...... You guys rock though I can pretty much find any answer I need on this forum!!!:D