• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What happened to my home screen, etc??

Welcome to Android Forums, Henry.

Hrethgir askes some important questions in an effort to zero in on a remedy for your screens issue.

We need to know what device you're referring to and what launcher is being used (the "launcher" is the device's interface, stock on some is "Sense" and on others it's "ADW").

Generally, a sudden unexpected change in launcher behavior is caused by accidentally checking or unchecking a box in one of the configuration menus, or by some other user input done while not paying attention. ;)

I moved your question to the Android Lounge area for you, out of the generic Lounge.

Reactions: henryshock
Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses. I have a Samsung Epic and was backing out of Handscent when it brought up a box I wasn't familiar with (I think it had 2 options, Home and something else) and w/o thinking (not paying attention) I chose one of them and then BAM, it happened.

Here's what I think happened ... You had a launcher app installed handing your home screens. Whichever one it was ... ADW.launcher or launcherpro ... it got updated and when it does that it clears the defaults, so the next time you go back to your home screen, Android asks you which one you want to use as default.

Easiest way to set this back is to use Home Switcher - Android app on AppBrain and choose the launcher you want.

Upvote 0
I believe you nailed it, Lunatic.
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
Right on!! Any thoughts on how this second launcher showed up? Was it possibly bundled with another App I DL'd? It was called "Home" when I go to home switcher. My default launcher had been TwLauncher.

Thanks again for the help!

Ah. "TwLauncher" is TouchWiz ... Samsung's custom UI. The "Home" choice is actually to use no launcher at all, or as described 'round these parts ...Vanilla Android. Of course choosing that option might prevent some of the custom widgets available with TouchWiz.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones