what happenedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. HAT MAN

HAT MAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so all of a sudden my Handsent is acting up, long time to open, wont send pics, but will send pics if I use stock messeges.

Do I need to reset the entire phone again and start from scratch or is there an easier way to fix the problem with Handsent?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Try going into menu > settings > applications > application manager > handsent and clear cache and data both.

Clearing data will cause you to lose all of your settings, but could remedy the problem.

Be sure to reboot before testing Handsent following the cache and data clearing.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

If Frisco's suggestion doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Handcent.

4. HAT MAN

HAT MAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I actually did both and it seems to much better now. Also cleared and uninstalled a lot of things I dont use so that may have helped also.

Question, so is clearing the catche simular to de fragging your computer to get rid of the crap that hangs on inside the computer?

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

A little bit, lol! The more things you have in cache, the more the app has to keep track of and search when its doing its "thing" (whatever that is). Apps use cache to hold on to stuff that you might re-use. When you've got a lot of objects in cache, it takes longer for the app to search though them. Also, I would think they would take-up some of the memory normally used by your application (not 100% sure if the apps and cache are separate or not), but the first part should certainly apply.

De-fragging your hard-drive just keeps the drive heads from having to search all over the place for the various parts of a file. The de-frag process actually tries to make each file contiguous (all-together) on the disk so that reading from your file does not take drive-head movement (which takes additional time and slows things down).

But it is all about cleaning house, so your analogy is relevant :).

Hope that helps. Cheers!

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hey, wait a minute....HAT MAN..Frisco. What's going on here? :confused: (secret brotherhood? hmmm...?)

Doesn't anyone else see? They've both got hats!!! :eek: :D ;)